School Reunion-Part 2

"...She is just the cutest Nikki" Mel smiles as she holds Poppy on her lap, she stands her on her knees and starts to coo at her. 
"Do you have your own children?" Nikki asks curiously. 

Melissa pauses for a second and looks at Poppy, "We would love one... when the time is right, just financial things and stuff like that" Mel replies. 

"That will be lovely, Jack and I didn't even plan Poppy, she just sort of happened after a night spent in a hotel" Nikki smirks and slightly blushes. 

"Unforgettable... may I point out" Jack speaks up and pokes Nikki's sides, she laughs and squirms slightly.
"Jack likes to make out he is some type of stud... I have to pull him away from the entire female police force" 

"Only half, Nik, come on cut me some slack" Jack laughs. 
Nikki rolls her eyes and looks at Mel who is happily sat with Poppy on her lap, cooing and playing with her. 

Soon a man much older than Nikki walks over to them, "Nicola Alexander" he speaks.
"Mr. Williams" Nikki replies sounding like a school girl once again. 

"Nice to see you back, and with Melissa Tisdale again... you pair were inseparable" The old school teacher replies. 

"A child Melissa?" Mr. Williams replies. 
"No, She's Nikki's, Sir" Mel replies awkwardly as she passes Poppy back over to Nikki. 

Mr. Williams nods and looks at Nikki, "So your career Nicola, what have you been up too?" He asks her. 

Nikki moves Poppy so she can hold her properly and looks up at her old teacher, "I'm a forensic Pathologist working for the home office" 

"Seems your days of messing around in my Biology lessons have paid off" He replies with a smirk. 
Nikki smiles and looks at Jack who is highly amused about finding out all this information about Nikki's school years. "This is pure gold, just wait until I tell Clarissa" Jack smirks. 

"Jack! May I remind you I am still your boss" Nikki says giving him some sass. 
"Am I am still your partner" Jack smiles and rests his hand on her knee. 
"This is my partner, Jack. We both worked together before we were together as a couple, and way before we became parents. I'm his boss" 

"Yeah, she's my boss" Jack smirks as squeezes Nikki's knee slightly.
"Well at least you've made it well in your career" Mr. Williams replies before walking away and going to speak with other ex-students. 

They all wait until he has gone and Jack is the first to speak, "Well he's a barrel of laughs, definitely made that awkward" Jack replies and Nikki giggles and leans against him.

For the remainder of the school reunion, Nikki sits talking to old friends and some old teachers while Jack sits with Poppy, popping in and out of the conversation every so often.
"School Bully alert!" Nikki mutters to Jack as they watch a rather rough looking woman walk towards them. 

"Well, well, well if it isn't smarty pants and her gang of nerds. How are we, Nicola?" The woman says and slaps her back in a friendly way, causing Nikki's body to jolt forward. "I'm joking, but seriously how are you?" She smirks. 

"I'm good" Nikki replies awkwardly as she feels Jack's hand slip into hers. 
"See you found someone to put up with your nerd like ways" She teases Nikki again. "I'm Sandra... Sandra Parkins" She says and puts her hand out to shake Jack's hand. 

Jack moves Poppy and holds her on his lap with the opposite hand. "Firm handshake got yourself a good one" Sandra laughs. "And a child nice, so what did little Nicola get up to in life apart from pushing a child out" She adds. 

"Well I went to University, now I'm a Forensic Pathologist with the Home Office," Nikki says for the what felt like the hundredth time today. 

"Very nice, I was working but I had a child, Keeley. I have five other children, Jordan-Marie, Chantelle, Mason, Dion, and Stacey-Leigh" Sandra replies as she chews noisily on her chewing gum. 

"Oh that's lovely, I just have Poppy, she's only seven months old... how old are you lot?" Nikki smiles trying to make easy conversation.

Sandra smiles and grabs a chair and sits down, "Keeley is ten months, Jordan-Marie is five, Chantelle is Seven, Mason is 10 and so is Dion, they are my twins. And then Stacey-Leigh who is Fourteen."

Nikki smiles happily at her past school bully and turns and looks at Jack, "I think it's time we got Poppy home for her nap" Nikki says, saying completely anything to get herself out the awkward situation. 

"Yeah, we better be going. She'll need to be changed also" Jack smiles as he stands up with Nikki and passes Poppy to her. 
"It was lovely to see you again Sandra, good luck with the future" Nikki smiles as she passes her jacket to Jack to carry. 

They say their goodbyes and they leave the sports hall and head back to the car, "Thank fuck for that" Nikki breathes. 
Jack turns and looks at her, he didn't expect that language from his lover at all. Nikki secures her daughter in the car seat and then walks around and gets into the passengers seat. Jack starts the car up and then drive home.