Birthday Girl

Nikki dozes softly next to Jack, she had been up with Poppy a lot of the night and she didn't get much sleep at all. 
Today is Nikki's 35th Birthday, Jack had so much planned for her today including Clarissa and Max having Poppy for the whole night. He has a bunch of presents under the bed, all he needed was for Nikki to wake up. 

Jack lies there watching her in complete amazement, these past few days they both had started to show their true feelings towards each other. It was suttle how they showed their feelings including cuddles at random points of the day, snuggling up together on the sofa once Jack returned from work and the most recent one they had started to finally change clothes in front of each other they didn't care if they saw each other naked. 
"Jack... You're watching me aren't you?" Nikki mumbles tiredly with her eyes still closed. 

"Oh sorry, I didn't mean to gorp... You're just so peaceful" Jack mumbles as he leans forwards so he is inches away from her face. 

"Hmm, someone has morning breath" She smirks as she opens one eye and glances at Jack. 
"I don't care, do you?" He chuckles as his lips graze hers. 

Nikki smiles and kisses him, "No I don't care" She giggles. 
"Happy Birthday Princess" Jack smiles and once again kisses Nikki. 

"Oh, you remembered... that's brilliant" She giggles as she lies on her side and looks at him. Jack sits properly up and, leans under the bed and places a few presents on the bed before grabbing two cards and placing them on the bed. 

"Happy Birthday Nik" Jack smiles and hands Nikki the presents. She looks at the presents in disbelief, she felt so happy that Jack had gotten her something, it had definitely been a while since she was spoilt with this much birthday presents. 

Jack sits so he is comfortable and places a pillow against the metal headboard and sits up. "So are you going to open these presents today or we going to wait for your 60th Birthday?" He teases. 

Nikki rolls her eyes at him and picks up the first card. She opens the card and reads the front, 'To my dearest Girlfriend' it reads. Nikki smiles and opens up the card, the card is perfect she couldn't get over how much Jack admired her. 
"Oh, Jack it's wonderful... this is such a beautiful card" Nikki beams happily. 

She then grabs the other card and opens it, 'For a perfect Mummy' the front reads, a smile instantly grows on Nikki's face, she opens the card and begins to read it. "Happy Birthday to my Mummy, I'm glad I finally got to see your birthday, Have a lovely day. love you loads... Love from Poppy xxxx' 

Nikki smiles and places them carefully to the side, "Oh Jack, I shall treasure these forever!" Nikki beams once again. 

Jack chuckles and watches her open the presents, Nikki carefully opens the once present to reveal a box of her favorite chocolates. She once again places them carefully now and chucks the wrapping paper at Jack. 

She then grabs another and opens it, this time she comes to a box. She carefully opens the small box and looks inside, her heart skips a beat when she sees a silver diamond ring, "Jack..." She mumbles unable to say anymore. 

"This is from Poppy, take the ring out and look at the inscription" Jack directs. 

Nikki takes the ring out of the box and carefully handles it, she looks inside the ring and reads the inscription 'For Mummy, Love Poppy x' Nikki starts to feel slightly emotional she couldn't get over that Jack had brought her a ring with a message from her two-month-old daughter in. 

She instantly puts the ring on her right ring finger and admires it, before taking it off and taking her pandora ring off and sliding Poppy's ring back onto her finger. Jack takes the Pandora ring and keeps it safe while she opens the two remaining presents. 

Nikki opens the next two presents, she finds two bottles of her favourite wine and the next she opens up to a note. 'Tonight (Your Birthday) Jack promises to be your personal servant and wait on you hand and foot, while He cooks you a birthday meal... don't worry about Poppy, Clarissa and Max have offered to have her for the night, now sit back and relax it's your Birthday'

A cunning smile appears on Nikki's face and Jack smiles awkwardly as they make eye contact. "This should be interesting" She giggles. 

"May I point out, I am only your personal servant after 6 pm, that is when Max is coming to collect Poppy" Jack replies and smiles. 

Nikki smiles slightly, she hates the idea of leaving Poppy for a whole night, it had never happened before and she felt so anxious about the whole thing. 
"But what if I don't want her to stop and Clarissa's?" Nikki questions. 

"Look she'll be fine, anyway I'm in work this afternoon for a couple of hours... I shall have a chat with Clarissa then about Poppy and her feeding patterns and everything else, don't you worry" Jack smiles placing his hand on her shoulder.