Danganronpa: Goodbye Despair Gary Stu

Name: Murakami Eiichi

Age: 16

Place of birth: Osaka, Japan

Height: 1.64m

Weight: 48kg

Ultimate talent: The ultimate poet

Forte in sports: Tchoukball

Hobby: Buying drinks from vending machines

Favourite food: Anmitsu

Favourite drink: Fruit punch

Likes: Going to parks, beaches, windy places, the library, tragic stories, cats, posting his poems and stories on social media, gardening, sketching buildings, puns, jokes, constructive criticism on his poems and sketches, writing book reviews, volunteering at the library, desserts, cold drinks

Dislikes: People not keeping their voices down at the library, plagiarism, people not giving him a chance to explain himself, poor hygiene, unnecessary violence, group projects, large crowds

Description: Murakami has hickory brown hair that is swept to the right and purple eyes. He usually wears a green and red checkered scarf and he even wears it during the summer and to the beach. His uniform consists of a white shirt, black tie, beige blazer, dark blue jacket, grey pants and black shoes. When not in school, Murakami dresses in a white collared shirt, his signature scarf, black pants and a pair of maroon sneakers.

Personality: Murakami is a shy and hardworking person. He doesn't like working in groups as he's afraid of large groups of people and he's usually the one that does 80% of the work. On the other hand, he likes to meet new people and hang out with them. He is often described as calm and easygoing by his peers. However, contrary to his personality, Murakami behaves very differently than his real life personality. He is more confident and doesn't show any signs of shyness. In fact, he behaves  like an extrovert. He is very active and vocal on social media and posts around 3 pictures on Instagram and posts 6 Instagram stories. He also frequently replies to his fans when they leave comments on his posts.

Backstory: Murakami became popular due to his unpredictable poems. His poems are enjoyable to read even though they do not rhyme all the time. You can be reading an innocent and nostalgic poem about missing going to the Osaka aquarium. When readers turn the page expecting another light hearted poem, they can find themselves reading a dark and depressing poem or they may find another light hearted poem. No one really knows what Murakami has in store in his poems. His titles are also rather ambiguous as they are usually only one to three words long. Apart from telling stories, Murakami likes to raise awareness of social topics in his poems. Murakami also likes to experiment with different writing styles such as Haikus and freestyle so he has no particular writing style that he sticks to. Constructive feedback is something Murakami greatly appreciates and he strongly encourages his fans to give him feedback. He also likes interacting with his fans as he wrote a series of books that were inspired by writing prompts sent by his fans.

Murakami did not enjoy his time during the Killing Game. He is usually nervous and sad even though he is not particularly close to anyone. Due to his shy attitude, Murakami is the target of pranks and being bullied but he is still hopeful that the killing would stop. He tries to run away from Nagito as he doesn't like the threatening aura that Nagito gives off. In an attempt to cheer up the other Ultimates, Murakami wrote a short series of wholesome poems and distributed them. His poems were greatly appreciated and he managed to survive the Killing Game. Due to his dislike in working in groups, Murakami did not participate much in the Class Trials even though he found some evidence during investigation. As a result, he was scolded by others and Monokuma. Murakami realised how important the Class Trial was to survive and he put his feelings aside and started to be more participative. He didn't want to be selfish while everyone else was fighting for their lives.