Cuphead Gary Stu

Requested by: xX-Sans_WDGaster-Xx

Name: Cole

Age: 10

Residence: Inkwell isle One, near Cuphead's and Mugman's house

Abilities: Shooting laser beams from his eyes, light refraction (refracts light into opponents eyes), shooting different bullets from his fingers (pretty much the same as Cuphead and Mugman but Cole has additional attacks which includes shooting bullets that are similar to glass shards and shooting bullets in the shape of musical notes which hover on the air before dropping down at random times), play a song to calm down opponents, consuming a single grape grants him the ability to have super strength and super speed for 1 minute (there is no limit to the number of grapes he consumes in one go), mirage (makes a mirage of anyone he chooses to confuse and distract his opponents, Cole can make multiple mirages at any given time)

Weakness: Chocolate

Occupation: Student at an elementary school, pianist prodigy

Species: Wine glass

Height: Shorter than Mugman

Weight: ???

Hobby: Staring at water

Favourite food: Roasted chestnuts

Favourite drink: Hot cocoa

Likes: Playing the piano, violins, resting and relaxing, reading books, vacations, adventures, exploring new areas, warm drinks, winter, snowflakes, transparent objects, chocolate, river sounds, wind chimes, rain

Dislikes: Wine, expired grapes, raisins, vegetables, the sound of breaking glass, practicing for hours nonstop, being under pressure, coughing during a performance, stage fright, not being good enough, bad grades

Description: Cole has a wine glass as a head. His has Mickey Mouse like eyes and he is usually seen smiling. Cole wears a red scarf on his neck, white gloves, black and white striped pants, back loafers, a white shirt with black suspenders and dark brown pants.

Personality: Curious, naive, cheerful, playful, innocent, inquisitive, hardworking, eager to learn, easily distracted, confident in his piano skills, sensitive to teasing, always thinking of a plan

Backstory: Cole lived a rather simple life despite being a piano prodigy. He usually takes parts in multiple concerts and performances. He is also part of a youth orchestra and he is the youngster member. Cole had finished practicing for the day, he decided to take a walk around the neighbourhood and he saw Cuphead and Mugman rushing back home. Curious, Cole followed the twins and overheard their conversation with Elder Kettle. After knowing the twins' predicament, Cole offered to help them but was denied as he was told "it was too dangerous" and he was "a fragile little cup would just shatter". Cole was mad and decided to prove that he could be of help.

Cole tagged along with Cuphead and Mugman and they decided to persuade Cole to turn back but Cole would not stand down without a proper fight. Little did the twins know, Cole became their trump card to win the upcoming battles.

Cuphead and Mugman did not know that Cole also had bullet shooting abilities just like them and when Cole cleared Botanic Panic! on his own without any damage, they realised that Cold could help them greatly. After the battle, Cuphead and Mugman both apologised for underestimating Cole. Still grumpy from their remarks earlier, Cole mumbled a "no problem" and tagged along for the rest of the battles.

With Cola on their side, Cuphead and Mugman defeated the bosses with more ease and lesser near death experiences. Cole did combos with the twins for the bosses except for Run n' Gun rounds and bosses that required airplanes. Cole also likes to spam his special 2 attacks, glass and musical note. He used them together with his grape strength enhancing abilities which dealt a lot of damage to tough bosses such as Grim Matchstick and Dr Kahl's robot.

Author's Note
The 4th anniversary of this book is coming in a few days and it feels like I have just started writing the intro of this book and the Creepypasta Mary Sue chapter before they were released. I never expected this book to blow up and I am grateful to everyone who have stuck around for the ride :)

This book started out to poke fun at characters that were overpowered for their own good as I thought characters that were too powerful, are flawless and had their way all the time, even if it meant to break the rules of said universe, are the definitions of Mary Sues. However, I realised that it wasn't the case for all Mary Sues as a character could be also be considered as a Mary Sue even if they have flaws. For example, a story about discipline has a main character who is troubling with procrastinating their assignments would have proper time management or disinterest to the work as their main weakness. It would not make sense for said character to have low spice tolerance as their main weakness. It begs the question to why the main character is struggling with their assignments in the first place as the weakness has no correlation with the obstacle of the main plot. However, this does not mean that characters should only be given one weakness as having multiple weaknesses is part of writing a balanced character. Writing this book has helped me in characterisation as I fixed my characters who were borderline Mary Sues by coming up with flaws that suited their character better and overarching story. With that being said, feel free to come up with character traits for future Mary Sues and I'll add them.

If you would like to see a Mary Sue lead a high school life, please check out 'Emily's Bizarre Adventure' where Emily leads a very exciting high school year filled with as many writing cliches I can add in a ten chapter book.