|Ray| Just Another Day

Genre: Fluff, Academy!AU

Guide:
(Y/N): Your Name
(I/N): Your ID Number

(Y/N)'s POV

"(Y/N)! Get down from there!" Ray called out, growing more and more impatient by the minute.

"In a second!" I replied, trying to see over the millions of trees but to no avail. I sighed in defeat and slipped on the branch.

"(Y/N)!" Ray called out with worry but I landed safely on the ground making the boy sighed in relief.

"What were you doing up there, anyway?" he asked as we walked back to the dorms.

"I just thought maybe I could get a glimpse of the outside world... but I just saw trees and more trees," I said disappointedly.

"Why are you so curious about the outside world?" he asked, making me look at him weirdly.

"Aren't you? We've lived here since we were kids, we're not allowed to go outside the gate, and we can't go over the fence in the forest." I answered, counting the reasons with my fingers.

"So do you hate it here?" he asked catching me off guard.

"Of course not! Don't get me wrong, I love Miss Isabella and our classmates. I also love playing with everyone and we're practically family. I'm just really curious... that's all. When I grow up and live outside, I'll definitely come back here and take all of you to different places around the world!" I said full of determination making Ray smile at me.

"What about you, Ray?" I asked looking at the dark brunette. "What are you gonna do when you get to go outside?" I added as he thought about his answer.

"Survive, I guess" he replied with a shrug.

'Survive?' I thought, trying to understand his response "What do you mean sur-"

"(Y/N)! Ray!" Emma called out enthusiastically while waving her hand at us

"Hey!" I replied with the same energy.

"Yo!" Ray greeted with a small wave. Emma started to run and gave both of us a bear hug.

"Where have you been? Miss Isabella's been looking for the two of you," she asked while letting us go.

"Sorry, sorry, I was just playing around the trees again and lost track of time," I replied with a nervous laugh.

"This idiot even almost slipped and fell," Ray added as he bonked me in the head with his book.

"Ouch! Hey! I landed safely, didn't I!?" I defended myself.

"And if you didn't your head would be bleeding!" Ray added making me pout as Emma laughed.

"You two really look like a couple!" she commented, making the both of us blush.

"D-don't be crazy! As if I'd like someone like Ray!" I excused and quickly walked up to Norman and the others.

"H-hey!" Ray called out but I didn't stop. The boy groaned and pinched the bridge of his nose. "Seriously..." he muttered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been five years since that day, we were now in our senior year of high school.

'Our last year together...' I thought sadly. I sighed and started to clean up the preschoolers' classroom. When I was nearly done, I heard a knock on the door.