|Nigel| Independent

Requested By: mari-chxn

Song: "Miss Independent" by Ne-Yo

Genre: Songfic, Ordinary!AU

Guide:
(Y/N): Your First Name
(F/A): Your Favorite Animal
(P/N): Your Pet's Name

Nigel's POV

"Nigel?"

"Agh!" I accidentally flung my invention in the air. I hastily reached out for it and fumbled it in my arms until I got a tight grip on it.

"S-Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you..." (Y/N) apologized as they sat next to me.

"D-Don't worry about it... Just... Warn a guy next time," I sighed as I set down my invention.

"Will do." (Y/N) chuckled, sounding like music in my ears. I quickly turned to my invention and continued making it.

"W-What are you doing so early, anyway?"

"I'm always early...? I just finished helping some of the teachers,"

"Ah... Right..." I fumbled, making (Y/N) laugh. I felt my face grow warm as I watched them laugh, but I quickly shook my head and focused on my robot.

"What about you? What are you doing here so early? Even some of the teachers are not here yet," they commented as they took out a notebook.

"Oh, speaking of teachers," they started, making me glance their way, "Some of them noticed you've been working harder these past few days," they smiled, writing something down.

"W-Well, I kind of want to improve myself..." 'For someone...'

"Really? What motivated you?" they asked, smiling with intrigue. I felt my hands started to shake as I looked away from them.

"I-It's nothing..." I muttered, trying to stay calm as I focused on the robot.

"What are you making?" (Y/N) asked, moving their chair closer to me. I felt my heart rate getting faster at the contact, making me instinctively move away.

"...I-It's a robot (F/A)... You said you wanted to have one as a pet, but your tenant didn't allow them, so... I figured a robotic one would be better," I explained, tightening one of the bolts.

"You made a robot for me?"

"I-I know you don't need one, and it's not finished yet, but I thought you'd-" I felt a pair of lips on my cheek, making me stop.

"Thank you, I love it already," they smiled, making my brain malfunction.

"D-Don't mention it..." I muttered, dazed by the kiss as (Y/N) picked up the robot.

"Have you named it?"

"N-Not yet, I kind of wanted your opinion before giving it a name,"

"Hm... How about... (P/N)?"

"(P/N)?" (Y/N) nodded in response,

"What do you think?"

"(P/N)... I like it," I smiled, making me (Y/N) grin.

"Aren't you glad, (P/N)? Now, I have some company back at home," they grinned, touching "noses" with the (F/A).

"Company? You live alone?" (Y/N) nodded in response as they set down the robot.

"I just started a few months back, that's why I started doing a part-time job too," they smiled, patting (P/N).

"Oh!" they exclaimed, looking back at me, "How about you go where I work? My treat," they offered. I quickly shook my head in response.