Isabella & Emma: I Am Damaged

A/N: A friend suggested the idea :|. This is not a reader insert btw.

Song: I Am Damaged from "Heathers" the Musical

Genre: Songfic, Character&Character

3rd Person's POV

"She's the last one, we better go before-"

"Before what?"

A frigid voice boomed. Emma and Ray looked down only to be met by their Mama's lifeless eyes. The two children felt their blood run cold at the sight of the woman but they won't show their fear to her. They can't afford to.

"What are you going to do? Ship us early? Alarm the guards?" Ray asked in a menacing tone. The woman in question simply gave a dry, low chuckle and shook her head. She looked up to her darlings and gave them a sorrowful smile.

"I am damaged... far too damaged..." Isabella huskily said as the memories of her beloved came flooding back to her mind. His smile, his presence, and his song which kept her the will to live after all these years.

"...but you're not beyond repair," she continued, looking up to her son and daughter. They were both confused at their Mama's actions. Wasn't she supposed to make sure they can't escape? Why is she telling us this? The woman turned her back to her two eldest children and started to walk back to Phil and the others.

"Get out of here, make things better... 'cause you beat me fair and square," her last words to her children echoed in their minds. But they didn't have time to think, they needed to escape. Now.

"Mama...!" Shelly whined as she hugged herself, trying to find warmth in this cold, bitter night. Isabella then sat below one of the trees as she consoled the children.

"Don't worry, they made it out safely," she reassured to Phil and the others. As the small children sat around Isabella, an explosion was heard from the burning house, scaring the children even more.

'The fire must have reached the kitchen...' Isabella thought.

"Please stand back now, a little further..." Isabella said in a soft and gentle voice as she wrapped her arms around them as far as she can reach.

"Don't know what that thing will do..." she mumbled as she watched their once loving home get burned to the ground. She looked back to the wall and wished for the best for her children.

"Hope you'll miss me, wish you'd hug me, then you'd know I cared for you..." she sang as she wrapped them in blankets, hoping it will help them get cozy and warm.

As Emma and Ray ran deeper into the forest, something clicked within Emma's mind.

"Hey, Ray..." she called out as she processed her thoughts. Ray stopped in his tracks and faced Emma.

"What is it?" he asked impatiently.

"Once we get out of here... what do you think they're going to do with Mama?" Emma asked as dread covered her entire face. As Ray thought of the possibilities, he knew he couldn't tell Emma what could possibly happen to their caretaker. Realizing this, Emma started to run back to Grace Field.

"Emma! Don't be absurd!" Ray shouted as he held back the girl.

"I'll trade my life for theirs..."

"No... Mama!"

"And once they disappear... "

"Wait, hold on!"

"I'll clean the mess in here..."

"Not this way!"

"Our love is God,"

'Mama! Look over here!'

"Our love is God,"

'Happy Mother's Day, Mama!'

"Our love is God,"

'I wanna become like a mother just like Mama once I'm all grown up!'

"Our love is God,"

'Mama... why did you give birth to me?'

"Our love is God,"

'We love you, Mama!'

.

.

.

"Say 'hi' to God..." Emma said, barely a whisper as her body became limp. She stood up and started running to the forest with Ray behind her, hoping they'll be able to get away before anyone catches them.

11