|Isabella| Why Can't I Move On?

Song: "It's Over, Isn't It?" from Steven Universe (The song I'll be singing when the manga ends//SLAPPED)

Genre: Unrequited Love, Angst, Songfic, Fem!Reader, SPOILERS

Guide:
(Y/N): Your First Name

(Y/N)'s POV

"Goodnight Aunt (Y/N)!" the children happily said as they snuggled into bed.

"Goodnight, children..." I replied as I slowly closed the door, not letting any noise come out of it. I sighed happily as I went to my room. I opened one of the drawers in my nightstand and took out the photo inside of it. It was a picture of Isabella, Leslie, and I from years ago.

"So I guess it's really hopeless now..." I muttered as the wind blew open my windows. I groaned and walked over to tie up the curtains. As I was about to close the windows, I saw night sky was filled with stars. I smiled at the sight and crossed my arms on the window sill.

"...I was fine with the men who would come into her life now and again..." I started and didn't notice a certain someone was by the door.

"I was fine, cause I knew that they didn't really matter, until you..." I grumbled as I looked back at the photo.

"To think I would lose to Leslie," I chuckled. "I was fine when you came, and we fought like it was all some silly game," I let out a dry laugh as I remembered the childish antics Leslie and I had back then to get Isabella's attention.

"Over her, who she'd choose. After all those years, I never thought I'd lose..." I sighed put my cheek onto my hand.

"It's over, isn't it? Isn't it? Isn't it over? It's over, isn't it? Isn't it? Isn't it over?" I repeated over and over to make myself accept the situation.

"You won, and she chose you, and she loved you, and she's gone... It's over, isn't it? Why can't I move on?" I asked myself.

"War and glory, reinvention. Fusion, freedom, her attention," I listed off as I practiced a few moves in my room.

"Out in daylight, my potential. Bold, precise, experimental," I said as memories of the experiments those scientists made me endure came rushing through my head making me grit my teeth as I sat on the edge of my bed.

'I endured it all for her...' I thought as I recalled the nights I would think of Isabella just to keep on living in that wretched place.

"Who am I now in this world without her? Petty and dull, with the nerve to doubt her," I said as I looked at myself in the mirror in disgust.

"What does it matter? It's already done! Now I've got to be there for her son..." I muttered in pain with every word.

"What?! You knew Mom Isabella!?" the girl with curly orange hair asked as he leaned closer to my face in shock.

"U-uh, yeah... We were in the same plantation years ago before I was shipped out to Lambda," I said as the kids awed in amazement.

"So you were friends with Mom, huh?"  long black hair boy asked as he walked closer to me.

"Y-yep..." I replied as his eyes and demeanor reminded me of a certain someone.

"So Isa became a mom, huh?" I muttered as the children talked amongst themselves. I observed the boy and the pieces all fit together.

'That must be her son...' I thought as I continued to watch them. 'If they escaped, then Isabella might be...' I bit my lip and stood up, catching everyone's attention.

"Since you're all Isabella's children, I guess I'm your aunt, huh?" I let out a nervous laugh as the children looked at each other and tackled me to the ground.

"Aunt (Y/N)!" they shouted happily, making me laugh.

"You raised them well, Isa," I complimented with a sad smile.

"It's over, isn't it? Isn't it? Isn't it over? It's over, isn't it? Isn't it? Isn't it over?" I repeated once more to stop my heart from hoping.

"You won, and she chose you, and she loved you, and she's gone...!" I let out as tears started to fall. "It's over, isn't it? Why can't I move on?" I asked myself but still had no answer.

"It's over, isn't it? Why can't I move on?" I repeated as I gripped on my bed sheets. My door suddenly creaked and I saw Ray on the other side.

"Ray!" I called out and quickly stood up.

"You really loved her, huh..." he muttered as he turned his back on me.

"I-I wouldn't say that..." I denied with a nervous laugh.

'Really? After all that? You're gonna deny it?' I sarcastically scolded myself.

 "You must really hate me then..." he muttered, making me quickly look at him.

"What? Of course not! Why would you-" I was cut off by Ray running off. "Ray!" I called out and grabbed his wrist. He was struggling against my grip and I sighed. "Come on, let's talk," I said, making him stop and look at me.

"...Okay..."

We went back to my room and I sat on my bed as Ray sat on one of the chairs.

"Look, if I were you I'd hate me too..." he said.

"I don't hate you," I cleared up with a sad smile as I patted his head. "What happened in the past is in the past. You didn't do anything wrong, don't blame yourself, Ray," I said and he lowered his head.

"But I'm the son of the person you love," he said.

"That's not the problem," I cleared.

"Then, what is?" he asked.

"She didn't fell in love with me," I answered, making him look up at me. I gave him a sad smile as I wiped away my tears.

"...If it helps, back at the house, I saw a photo of you in mom's office," Ray said, surprising me. "When I asked her who you were, she said you were a precious person to her," he continued, making my tears fall. "A-ah, sorry, I thought it would-"

"-No, no, thank you, Ray..." I sniffed and gave out a small laugh, making him smile. "Come on, we have a big day tomorrow, go get some sleep," I stood up and put my hand on his shoulder.

"Goodnight," I said as I walked him out.

"Goodnight," Ray said and I closed the door. I let out a small chuckle as I walked back to my bed.

"Seriously, sometimes he even sounds like you, Isa... both awkward with showing your feelings," I said and let out a laugh and closed the window. I yawned and went to bed with a light heart that night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Okay, I'll count this as the 44th part since I won't count the request page, the sneak peeks (I think they're too short to count...), and the tagged parts. After the 50th part, I'll publish the first chapter on the Casino!AU, work on my other books (I got 20+ requests to work on... My procrastination is remarkable), label this book as complete (but I'll keep making stories here since I just love TPN too much to abandon this book) and open up requests again!

44