|Norman| Why Don't You Do Right?

Genre: Casino!AU, Performer!Male!Reader

Guide:
(M/N): Your Manager's Name
(Y/N): Your First Name
"Lyrics": The Person is Singing

Norman's POV

"A royal flush!?" the player exclaimed as I nervously laughed.

"Better luck next time," I said as they sighed and went to a different booth.

"Hey, Norman!" a voice greeted as a new person sat on my booth.

"(M/N)?" I asked as they grinned and lifted their glass.

"Long time no see, kid,  how's being a game master?" they asked as they gulped down their glass.

"Oh, you know... same old, same old..." I answered as I reshuffled my cards, "What brings you to Grace Field?" I asked as (M/N) asked for another glass.

"(Y/N)'s got a performance at your place, didn't you hear?" they answered, making me pause.

"Really?" I said, pretending to be unfazed and they nodded in response.

"Yep, How many years has it been? Around two decades since you last saw each other, huh?" (M/N) said as they took a sip of their drink.

"Yes, time sure pass by..." I muttered with a sad smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Flashback

"You're leaving?" I asked as (Y/N) packed his suitcase.

"Yeah, Mama- I mean, Miss Isabella found a manager for me, so I guess my dream of becoming a singer is coming true!" he answered as he scratched his head. I bit my lip and balled my fists but I couldn't show my true feelings to (Y/N).

"Congratulations...!" I said with a fake smile. (Y/N) gazed at me and opened his mouth but closed it instantly. He sighed and then patted my head with a smile.

"You don't have to act all happy for me. I'll come back for you guys, you have my word for it," he grinned and lifted his suitcase.

"W-wait!" I said as I grabbed his wrist. "W-when can I see you again?" I asked as I kept my eyes on the ground while I felt my cheeks grow warm. I could practically see (Y/N)'s smirk as I kept looking at the floor.

"Who knows?" he answered, making me pout. "Y-you better come back then and sing for me..." I muttered as he chuckled and put his hand on my hair. 'Yes, yes, just sit tight and wait for me, okay?" he said as he ruffled my hair.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You guys have really grown into remarkable men..." (M/n) commented as they finished their drink. "Anyways," they said as the slammed their glass onto the table and stretched. "I didn't just come here for chitchat, (Y/n) wanted you to have front row seats for his first performance at Grace Field," they said as they stood up and smiled.

"H-huh? B-but I'm working at the moment..." I muttered as I took the glass and gave it to a passing waiter.

"No, you're not. (Y/N) made sure to pay for you guys to have a night off," they said as they showed a receipt with all of our names. "Of course, it's just for a couple of hours, but your shifts end before this ends, anyway," they shrugged as they grabbed my arm. "Come on! We don't want to be late!" they grinned as they pulled me to the bar.