|Gilda| It's A Date Then

A/N: I just finished the first chapter of the Casino!AU (a lot of rewrites happened since I didn't know how (Y/N) was gonna fit in the story :P) so yeah, don't have high expectations xD.

Genre: Ordinary!AU

Guide:
(Y/N): Your First Name

(Y/N)'s POV

"No more..." I whined as I laid my head on the table and my soul leaving my body. Gilda sighed as she organized the books and notes in front of her.

"You need to study properly if you want your grades to go up," she sternly said, making me groan.

"We've been studying for hours..."

"... We've only been in the library for fifteen minutes,"

I groaned again and sat up straight, staring at my textbook blankly.

"Seriously... let me see," Gilda said as she moved closer to see the textbook. I felt my face grow warm and faced the other way.

"Hey, are you even listening?" Gilda asked as she leaned closer, making me more nervous.

"I'm fine! I'm fine!" I insisted and covered my face with my hand, "Let's just get this over with..." I muttered as I tried to solve the problem.

'I'm gonna get a heart attack at this rate...' I thought and focused on studying. I looked over to Gilda and saw her writing some additional notes.

"By the way, why are you helping me study? It's not like you need the help," I asked, making her stop writing.

"I-It's for extra credit... y-yeah... extra credit..." she answered suspiciously. I raised a brow and looked at her closely. She was sweating a bit and her face was pink.

"D-DO YOU MIND!?" she screamed as she slammed a book to my face.

"Shh!" the students shushed us, making Gilda apologize.

"Ow..." I groaned as I tended my nose.

"S-sorry...! I guess I kind of overdid it..." she said as she checked my face for any major injuries.

"It's fine... I guess I was invading your personal space..." I nervously laughed with a grin. Her face became fully red and she quickly turned away.

"A-anyways...! You should start studying seriously now..." she reminded as she was facing the other way.

"R-right," I said and went back to my textbook.

As time passed by, I noticed that the sun was about to set.

"We should probably get going, we don't want Miss Isabella to scold you," I told Gilda as I started to fix my things.

"R-right..." she replied as she put away her stuff. I noticed that something was off and I couldn't help but glance at her from time to time.

The walk to the dorms was too quiet for my liking.

"Umm... thank you, for helping me study, in a way," I awkwardly said as I rubbed my neck. I heard Gilda laugh lightly, making me blush.

"Don't worry about it, you can pay me back by treating me tomorrow," she smiled. I felt chest tighten and I smiled back.

"All right, do you want to go anywhere?" I asked. She put a finger on her chin as she thought of a spot.

"Emma told me there's a great restaurant where they sell waffles around the corner, but I'm not sure we can afford it..." she suggested as she tried to think of another place.

"Don't worry about it, it's my treat anyways. Do you want to meet up at around 10?" I reassured with a smile. I noticed her cheeks became somewhat pink but she turned away.

"Y-yeah... sounds great..." she replied as she was facing the ground. I noticed a small smile was tugging on her lips but decided not to point it out.

"Welcome back," an adult female voice greeted. I saw Miss Isabella waiting by the gate with a smile.

"Good evening, (Y/N)," she greeted with a cold smile, sending shivers down my spine.

"G-good evening..." I greeted back with a bow as Gilda went inside.

"Take care (Y/N)," she waved goodbye.

"Later," I waved back and bowed again to Miss Isabella, "I'll be taking my leave then..." I excused myself.

"Okay, take care," she waved goodbye and closed the gate. When I was sure they were both inside the house, I took a deep breath and put a hand on my chest.

"Well, that was nerve-wracking..." I muttered as I went back home.

"(Y/N), someone's calling you from the telephone," mom said as I stepped out of the shower.

"Wait," I said as I wiped my hair with the towel.

'Who'd be calling me at this hour?' I thought as I picked up the phone.

"Hello?" I said and heard distant squeals from the other end.

"(Y-Y/N)!" a voice exclaimed, 'Gilda?' I thought as I paid attention to what she had to say. "U-um... g-good evening! I-I was wondering if um..." she trailed off, making me raise a brow.

"Just ask if there's someone who would angry if you guys go out tomorrow!" a distant voice urged.

'That's definitely Emma's voice,' I thought and sweatdropped.

"No, I don't have a girlfriend or boyfriend, why do you want to know?" I asked, freaking everyone on the other line out.

"OH CRAP!" I heard Emma freak out as numerous voices started to talk at the same time making me laugh.

"N-no! I-It's not like that! U-um... I-I just wanted to make sure that you weren't forced to do this or anything..." she explained and I smiled.

"Okay... Just so you know, you're not forcing me, okay? It made me really happy that you suggested to go out tomorrow," I reassured, earning cheers and squeals on the other line.

"G-guys!" Gilda scolded, making them quiet. I chuckled quietly and saw my parents looking at me weirdly. I turned to the other side and ignored their stares.

"Is that the only reason you called?" I asked as I leaned on the wall.

"U-um... y-yeah... I-I think... sorry, am I disturbing you?" she stuttered,

"No, not really. I kinda wanted to hear your voice too, so I don't really mind," I admitted, making Emma and the others squeal again.

"Did you get a girlfriend?" mom asked, surprising me.

"No mom, she's just..." I trailed off as I thought of the answer, making mom raise a brow.

"Uh huh, well, if you thought about what to say, I'd like to meet her sometime," she said as she joined dad in the living room. I felt my face flush as I rolled my eyes.

"Hello?" Gilda said,

"Y-yes, I'm still here. Sorry, my mom was just asking me something," I apologized and Gilda hummed in response.

"A-ah, we might be talking too long... I-I'll see you tomorrow," she said nervously.

"Yeah, goodnight,"  I smiled, making Emma and the other girls cheer again.

"G-goodnight," Gilda said as we hung up. I had a smile on my face for the rest of the night.

49