|Ray| Goodbyes are Never Easy

A/N: I forget why I added the kiss (I don't remember if it was specifically requested or something, but this became one of my least favorite stories in this book ever since I published that part, so I'm fixing it) It was giving too much straight culture (straight up 365 days kind of vibes-- I am so sorry)

Requested By: jcahill22

Warning/s: HEAVILY Edited

Tag/s: Academy!AU

Guide:
(Y/N): Your First Name

2nd Person's POV

"Congratulations, (Y/N). You've been selected to study at a prestigious university!" Miss Isabella announced, surprising your schoolmates.

"What!?" everyone asked in disbelief.

"No way..." Emma whispered as she looked at you with fear. You looked over at her with innocent eyes and smiled.

"I guess I'm a college student now," you nervously laughed as you scratched your cheek.

"NOOO!!!" you heard Eugene cry and felt him hug your leg tightly.

Some elementary kids also started crying, saying they didn't want you to leave.

You reassuringly smiled as you hugged them.

"Don't worry you guys, I'll be back here before you know it! I'll write to you guys every day," you happily said as they sniffed.

You looked around and saw Ray's eyes were unreadable, his body was stiff, and he wasn't saying anything.

"Ray?" you called out, snapping him out of it, but before you could speak, he went upstairs.

"Ray!" you shouted but only to be replied with a slam of the door. You looked up worriedly and felt a hand on your shoulder.

"Just give him time... I'm sure he'll come around," Norman reassured, and you nodded.

As you helped Shelly study for the daily test, you saw Ray walk by, looking through the bookshelves.

'I'll be back in a minute,' you whispered to Shelly,

'It's okay, go and make up with Ray,' she reassured with a smile. You smiled back and kissed her forehead, rushing over to the boy.

You saw Ray walk away from you, and you followed him.

You finally caught up to him and grabbed him by the wrist.

'Hey,' you called out, but he kept his back on you. 'Ray, please talk to me,' you begged as you held his hand.

You felt him clench your hand tightly and pull you along.

'Come with me for a minute,' he softly said as he led you out of the library.

He kept pulling you along until you were inside the forest.

"Okay, I think we're alone now," you said, making Ray stop in his tracks and let your hand go.

"Now, why did you drag me he-MPH!" you asked but were surprised by Ray's sudden hug.

He firmly wrapped his arms around my waist. As if you would disappear out of thin air if he let go.

You felt your cheeks heat up as you felt his heart beating against his chest by how close you were.

"R-Ray..! Wait...!" you tried to speak out, but he kept a tight grip around you.

You were about to shout in protest until you felt your shoulder dampen.