|Ray| Married Life

A/N: References to Chapter 40. SPOILERS! Kinda...

Requested By: FmdtCraige11

Genre: Ordinary!AU, Adult!Ray, Adult!Reader, Fem!Reader

Guide:
(Y/N): Your First Name
Ren: Oldest Son (12 years old)
William: Youngest Son (10 years old)
Isabella: Only Daughter (15 months)

(Y/N)'s POV

I woke up to the sound of Isabella's crying. I yawned and was about to sit up but Ray stopped me.

"Get some sleep, I'll go to her," he said and got up to the nursery.

"Thank you," I said and kissed his cheek. As I was about to go back to sleep, the door opened and the light slightly blinded my eyes.

"Mama..." I heard Ren called out with William crying behind him.

"What's wrong?" I asked as I sat up.

"William had another nightmare..." Ren explained as William sniffed. I stood up and kneeled down to their level.

"Another nightmare, huh? Do you want to talk about it?" I asked and he nodded. "All right, how about we go back to your room?" I suggested and he nodded again.

We went to the boys' room and the two went back to their beds.

"I-I dreamt that there were demons... a-and they got Mama and Papa a-and..." William started to say as I soothed him. "a-and... you were all put into weird containers... you even had flowers on your chest..." he ended and started to cry again.

"It's okay, William... it was just a nightmare... Papa and I are still here... we're fine..." I reassured as William stopped crying. "Do you want me to read a bedtime story?" I suggested and he nodded in response.

"...outside of the cave lies the harsh northern seas. The snakes will fall asleep from the chilly gust that enters from outside. Fear nothing and reach for the sky. You will never be eaten by this mere creature," I ended and saw Ren and William sleeping peacefully. I smiled at the sight and kissed them goodnight. "Sweet dreams..." I whispered and quietly closed the door.

I walked over to the nursery and saw Ray humming the lullaby to Isabella. I leaned on the doorframe and watched them.

"There you go..." Ray whispered as he put Isabella back in her crib. Isabella started to fuss but Ray continued to hum the lullaby and rocked her. I smiled at the sight and went back to the bedroom.

Minutes later, I felt some weight on my side and Ray's arm started to pull me closer to him. I rolled over and wrapped my arms around him.

"Did William have another nightmare?" he asked and I hummed in response.

"You really shouldn't let them watch horror movies..." I said, making him chuckle.

"Tell that to Ren," he retorted making me smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up to the sound of Ren and William playing and shouting downstairs. I sighed and got up and saw Ray was gone.

'Huh, his work doesn't start this early...' I thought and stood up. I groggily walked to the nursery to check on Isabella but I saw Ray baby talking with her. I quickly hid behind a wall and saw Isabella happily giggling as Ray continued to baby talk. I stifled a laugh but Ray heard it anyways. He quickly turned to look at me and was surprised.

"(Y-Y/N)!" he said as his cheeks became pink.

"Good morning~" I happily greeted as I walked up to them and changed Isabella's diaper.

"H-how long have you been there?" he asked, trying to hide his blushing face.

"Since you started to baby talk," I answered with a smug grin, making Ray blush harder. "Come on, 'little angel', let's get your brothers ready for school," I teased as I carried her downstairs. I looked back at Ray and his face was still red as ever. I smiled to myself as I checked on the two.

"Ren! Drop those pans! William! Go to the bath already!" I shouted as the two complied while whining.

"Bye, Mama! Bye, Papa!" the two said as they got off the car.

"Bye, Ren! Bye, William! Have fun in school!" I waved goodbye as they went to school. "You're having a meeting later with Norman and Emma, right?" I asked and Ray nodded in response.

"Do you want to drop off Isabella in the daycare?" he asked and I shook my head.

"No need, I need to buy some new clothes for her," I said.

We arrived at the Minerva company and saw Norman in the front waiting for us.

"Good morning, you two," Norman greeted as Isabella shouted happily.

"Good morning," Ray greeted back as he grabbed his bag and went out of the car.

'Good morning! I guess Isabella missed her Uncle Norman," I said as I went to the driver's seat and Isabella giggled in response.

"It's good to see you too, Isabella," Norman happily greeted as he tickled her stomach.

"Come on, Mr. Minerva, the meeting's gonna start without us," Ray said as he leaned to Isabella and kissed her cheek.

"Bye, sweetheart, hope you have a fun day at the mall," Ray smiled as he kissed my lips.

"Bye, good luck with the meeting you two!" I waved goodbye and started to drive to the mall. I adjusted the rearview mirror and saw Isabella chewing on her teether. "Are you ready to go clothes shopping with mommy?" I asked and she happily clapped and giggled in response and I smiled.

"How about this one?" I asked as I showed Isabella the outfit. She stuck out her tongue and shook her head. "You're right, it clashes with your eyes," I said as I continued to look for more clothes. As we finished shopping, I looked over to my phone and saw that it was almost time to pick up Ren and William. "Let's go get your brothers," I said to Isabella and she nodded happily.

I pulled over to the front of the school and saw Ren and William running out. 

"Hey, mom! Hey Isa!"

"Hi, mom! Hi Isabella!"

They greeted and got inside in a huff and put away their bags.

"How was school?" I asked as I drove us home.

"It was fun! William got an award for best short story-teller!" Ren said.

"And Ren is gonna perform next week in the school play!" William added.

"Really? What was the story and play about?" I asked as I kept my eyes on the road.

"William made an adventure story. Like Ugo and Marvin!"

"Ren's gonna perform as 'Pugsley' in 'The Addams Family'!" they said excitedly making me chuckle.

"That's amazing! How about Will tells the story before bed and Ren can practice while we wait for Papa to come home?" I asked and they happily agreed as they continued to tell how their day went.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Up Next:

|Norman & Ray| "Our Savior" Sequel for NeruzuMakino

|Random| (mostly musical) Shorts

|Norman| Male!Reader "Why Don't You Do Right?"

40