|Ray| The Guy That I'd Kinda Be Into Is...

Song: "A Guy That I'd Kind Be Into" from "Be More Chill"
Animatic: Heart Select
Lyrics I used are from the animatic itself and from "Awkward Dinosaur" in the comments

Genre: Songfic, Fluff, Ordinary!AU

Guide:
(Y/N): Your First Name

(Y/N)'s POV

As I waited for Emma and Norman, I couldn't help but feel nervous. I took deep breaths and would glance at my watch and window. I saw the familiar white and orange hair and quickly waved my hands, trying to catch their attention.

"Emma! Norman! Over here!" I called out as the two made their way to me.

"Sorry we took so long, Ray wanted to come along with us but luckily Don and Gilda asked for help the homework," Emma apologized as they took the seats in front of me.

"It's fine, it's good that Ray is not with you..." I said as I played with the straw in my drink as a waitress gave them menus. After giving the waitress their orders, the waitress wrote it down quickly and took the menus back.

"So (Y/N), what did you wanna talk about?" Norman asked with Emma nodding in agreement. I sighed and laid my head on the palm of my right hand.

"Say there's this person you drive home from school every day... you've known him for several grades..." I started and would twirl my straw every now and then with my other hand.

"You're used to thinking about him in a certain way, from the persona he displayed," I pointed out. 

"Aloof, introverted, a bookworm, sarcastic, a stick in the mud..." I listed off making the two laugh at my remark.

"Then something changes..." I uttered as I straightened my back making the two look at me curiously.

"...And he changes..." I added as I rubbed the back of my neck in embarrassment.

"From a guy that you'd never be into"

"Hey give that back!" I shouted as I tried to get my book back from Ray.

"Try again, shorty" he smirked as he kept the book out of my reach. I angrily glared at him and stomped away.

"Into a guy that you'd kinda be into"

"Hey, idiot," Ray called out as he tapped the book on my head.

"Go away..." I hissed as I hugged my knees tighter. I heard him sigh in frustration and felt him pull me to his chest.

"I'm sorry, okay?" he apologized while looking to the side.

"From a guy that I'd never be into"

I took the book and flicked his forehead.

"Insult my height again, and I'll punch you in the face," I remarked.

"Into a guy that I'd kinda be into"

As he rubbed his forehead, he gave me another smirk "If you can reach it, that is" he joked and quickly sprinted off.

"TAKE THAT BACK EMO HAIR!" I shouted chasing him and trying to hold back my laughter.