Poofless- Kidnapped

Preston's P.O.V.

Rob's eyes peered at me through the darkness, I could barely see his outline because of how little light that was seeping in through the crack under the door. I wanted to crawl closer to him, hug him, comfort him, get him to comfort me, but I couldn't. The chain around my waist stopped me from moving more than a foot in any direction.

I shuddered in the cold, I was only wearing my boxers and a thick hoodie but even then it was still freezing. I could barely feel my fingers and even in the dim light I could tell they were blue, I could see mist trailing from my mouth every time I breathed after all.

Rob was drifting in and out of unconsciousness, I wasn't sure what had happened to him but he could have been drugged, he could have been hit over the head, he could be sleeping. I just didn't know and he couldn't speak to tell me, even from where I was I could see the thick rag covering his mouth.

I didn't know where were, I didn't know what had happened, I didn't know how we got there, in a dark concrete box all alone. All I remembered was being half asleep in bed, Rob curled up beside me and the next minute I was being dragged down the hallway by my hair and then nothing.

My breathing was slow and my eyes were flicking shut every few seconds but I forced myself to stay awake, I didn't want to sleep. I wanted to stay on the lookout, I wanted to protect Rob but sleep was so inviting, the darkness was calling.

I drifted off, still fighting myself, but the call of sleep was too strong. My eyes flickered shut and didn't open again for a good while.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I awoke when Rob coughed hoarsely, my back was flaring painfully and I didn't want to move but still I forced myself to sit up, looking around. My eyes must have adjusted a more because I could see Rob's outline more clearly, he was clawing at the cloth in his mouth.

He hands were bound together with duct tape and he could hardly move them enough to reach his head but he was getting there, the cloth was around his chin and then it was around his neck. He couched and spat onto the floor, gagging in disgust.

"Preston?" He whispered, looking around me.

"Hey Robby." I mumbled, still feeling exhausted. The chain around my waist had tightened and every breath I took was painfully so I was trying not to move as it just hurt more.

"Are you alright?" He asked, trying to crawl closer but he was jolted back by his own chain.

He was more restrained than me, a chain around his waist, hands duct taped and legs bound together too, he had had the gag and as I looked closer there was a chain around his neck too, digging into his skin and making those areas red and inflamed.

I, on the other hand, only seemed to have my hands bound and the chain around my waist but I was in so much pain that I didn't want to move, a disadvantage I supposed. Rob coughed again, bringing my attention back to him.

He repeated his question again.

"Hmm? Yeah I'm alright I think but I can't really bre-breathe." He nodded and tugged on his chains distastefully, shaking his head as he tried to move the chain around his neck.

"Ho-how long was out?" He asked, stuttering a little as he looked around the tiny concentre box. It was about 10 feet by 8, a door in one wall and then the hooks that our chains were attached to. We were only 6 feet apart but he felt painfully far away, even though we could see one another.

"I'm not sure." I said. "It's kinda har-rd to keep track of the ti-time when there's nothing to keep an e-eye on."

Although there was still fear in my heart, it was boredom that took over eventually. Rob didn't say much and neither did I, we were listening for anything that told us of the outside world but there was nothing, complete silence.