ZerkStar + Jerome- Offer

Josh's P.O.V.

It weighed heavy on my heart and I knew that it wouldn't take long for everything to come out. I was terrible at keeping secrets and it wouldn't take long for Vikk to work out that there was something on my mind and the little weasel would definitely get it out of me, no matter how hard I tried.

You see, I was in a relationship with Vikk and had been for several years, but I had been cheating on him with someone else. And that someone else was Jerome- one of his Pack friend who he had introduced to me and who I had, somewhat unfortunately, fallen for. He was both cute and kind but he also didn't seem to know that I was with Vikk, because otherwise I knew he would have never allowed it.

If he knew that Vikk and I were together I was sure he would have never allowed our relationship- which had become physical after a couple of months- because it would hurt his friend.

And it continued like that for almost a year. I felt guilty as hell about my relationship with Jerome while I continued on with Vikk like nothing else was going on, but I didn't have the heart to break up with Vikk because I knew it would destroy him.

I couldn't do that to him, even if it made me feel worse the longer it went on.

I must have pretty oblivious, I supposed later, that I didn't notice that Vikk was sneaking out often. I was probably recording, editing or sleeping when he did so but when I tried to find him and he wasn't there, and I couldn't reach him by text either, I assumed that he was out. Out where, I didn't know.

The other thing I noticed though was during the times I couldn't reach Vikk, I couldn't reach Jerome either. When I couldn't contact my boyfriend I normally decided to try and reach the other person I had a physical relationship with to pass the time, but I couldn't reach him either. I had no idea what he was doing, and he never explained it either.

So I just pretended that it wasn't going on, my relationship was Jerome wasn't happening, and I was living with a completely normal, monogamous, gay relationship with Vikk. I totally wasn't, but that was besides the point.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I thought I was going to be the first one to crack about my cheating and my relationship with Jerome, but that wasn't exactly how everything unfolded. By that point I had been with Vikk for almost 4 years and my relationship with Jerome had been going on for just over a year and a half.

Vikk, Vikk, was actually the one who cracked first. He came to me one evening upset and almost crying and confessed absolutely everything to me- which came as a total shock but it also came as such a relief as well because it made me feel alright about what I had done- even though I still felt guilty as hell.

Vikk told me he had cheated on me and had been doing so for some time, but it was with who that surprised me the most. I didn't even have to ask who because he told me himself but when he did I was completely floored, confused and bewildered.

"It was with Jerome." He mumbled, sniffling. "And I'm so sorry!"

It took me a moment for my mind to process his words but when I did I flung my arms around him and hugged him tight, rocking him from side to side. He seemed shocked and then seemed to stop the tears, his hands shaking before wrapping around my waist.

"Why're you hugging me?" He asked softly, confused.

"Because I'm so fucking sorry as well." I mumbled back. "I felt so guilty hiding shit from you and now you've been honest with me I have to be honest with you."

"What?" He said, now even more confused.

"Look Vikk, I've been doing the same thing. With the same person." He gave me a blank look for a moment, and then it clicked.

"Wait what?! You've been with Jerome as well?" I nodded. "How long?"

"A year and a half now. I don't even know why but... there was something he had that you didn't."

"Any control over his emotions at all?" Vikk said with a smile, brushing his hair from his eyes. "That's why I went to him. He was able to talk me through a lot of stuff that I know you wouldn't be able to handle. Jerome's just more... logical."

"I hope you know I still love you though Vikk." He smiled, leaning up to kiss me.

"I know. I still love you too."

------------------------------------------------------------------

It was something of a mutual agreement that the two of us would talk to- confront more like- Jerome someday soon. I wasn't entirely sure what we would say to him but Vikk said something was forming in the back of his mind, something about opening up our relationship to him, especially since he had an official relationship with both of us. I agreed, and I liked the idea.

"Ready Vikky?" I asked, tucking my hand into his. He nodded numbly, looking incredibly nervous about what we were about to do. The two of us were about to go over to Jerome's apartment to confront him about it, but he thought only I was coming over.

The look of shock on his face was evident when he saw both Vikk and I stood in his doorway and he looked down, rubbing the back of his hand nervously.

"He-hey guys?" He stuttered, wide eyed.

"Hey Jerome." I said with an easy smile.

"Come in, I guess?" He looked pretty confused but invited us in anyway, waving us over the couch. "Wh- what brings you here?"

"Look... we just wanna talk. You know we're together?" He nodded, pretty ashamed looking. "We just worked out that the other was seeing you and well-"

"I know, and I'm sorry." He said, rubbing his arm. "I just liked the company and I've never been able to have a relationship otherwise and I felt super bad and-"

I cut him off, smiling.

"Jerome, it's fine. Both Vikk and I felt bad about it, but that's not what we wanted to talk about." He gave Vikk and I a confused look. "We want to open our relationship to you." Vikk smiled and nodded, confirming his side.

"You want me..." He paused, trying to find the right words. "You're asking me to join a poly relationship?"

"Yeah, but only if you want it. It's sorta been like that anyway."

He thought for a moment before a small smile broke on his face, and he nodded.

"I think I'll accept your offer."

----------------------------------------------------------

It was probably a bit weird for the others boys at the start, but once they realised that we really did mean it and we really did love each other they kinda just shrugged their shoulders and moved on with their lives. After the break up of the Sidemen house Vikk and I moved into Jerome's apartment with him and although it was small, it was nice and had enough space for three recording set ups and a bedroom- with one big bed.

Vikk and I's relationship was already well established- 4 years could do that, so that went along like clockwork but our relationship with Jerome was a lot rockier. There weren't any hard feelings between us but being in a poly relationship was unfamiliar to all of us, so there were some growing pains along the way.

But we worked through it. We made sure that communication was at the base of our relationship, as well as love and openness, and it made it work.

We made it work.