Vikklan (The Pack and The Sidemen)- Sides

Lachlan's P.O.V.

When Mitch burst in through the front door of the house holding a boy in his arms, pale, ill and drawn, I knew everything in my life was about to change. Of the 5 of us in the group I was the only single one, Mitch and Jerome had been together for years and Preston and Rob had been together for almost as long, yet I was still there, alone.

The boy was unconscious, lying limp in Mitch's arms and he was clearly very ill, skinny as anything so much that I could see the bones in both his face and arms and he was pale too, his skin would have once been a bright cinnamon it was now ashen.

"Where on earth did you find him?!" I asked Mitch as I rushed him into the living room to care for him, hoping I could do something.

"On the street, he was just lying in a gutter and I couldn't just leave him there!"

"Yes, I understand that!" I practically yelled, stripping his shirt off him to check for injuries. "But bloody hell, you couldn't have taken him to a hospital or something!"

"The fuck? No?! I'm not going to leave him in that bloody place, the Sidemen have taken over the whole place! They're trying to save medication and if he's a no one then there's no way they'd even try to save him!"

I cursed under my breath but continued to tend to the boy, knowing I couldn't just leave him to die, even though I had no idea exactly how badly injured he was. There could be internal injuries, he could be mortally ill, hell he could have some sort of infectious disease that meant he had been kicked out of the hospital to die.

"Oh for fuck's sake." I swore, slamming my hand on the counter. "Looks like we've got another member guys, given he survives."

------------------------------------------------------------

He did survive and a couple of days after Mitch first bought him in he woke up, confused and disorientated, but very much alive. He couldn't explain what had happened to him or where he had come from but the one thing he could tell us was that his name was Vikk. He was a little older than me but younger than everyone else in the group.

Vikk was a really sweet guy, small and innocent, constantly looking to us for guidance because he didn't know what to do. It only took a few days for him to begin to trust us, having no one else to turn to and we had apparently proved ourselves to him, caring for him, addressing his wounds, feeding him and providing him a roof over his head. I was just happy to have another member of the group.

"Vikk!" I yelped, turning to see him standing unsteadily in the hallway. "Mate you aren't supposed to be up! Come on!"

I was stern and only a little joking because he really wasn't meant to be up, it had only been a few days since we had found him and he really wasn't healthy enough to be up and about, yet. I scooped him up in my arms, smiling to myself as he giggled and squirmed a bit, but he didn't fight me as I carried him back to his room- the bedroom right next to mine.

"Why'd you get up? Did you want something?" He shook his head.

"No, I'm just bored." He shrugged. "It's getting kind of weird cause I'm starting to remember things but... none of it makes any sense, like, at all."

I placed him gently down on the bed, sitting down beside him. He rolled over so he was leaning up against me, kicking his feet.

"It might not make sense now, but it will eventually. You just gotta give it some time."

----------------------------------------------------------

For Vikk, everything happened very slowly. His memory started to come back over a period of weeks and then months, and for the rest of us it meant we got more information about him as a person. A lot of it didn't make sense but that parts that did allowed us to piece together bits of his life, his family and where he had been prior to the accident.