Vikklan- Omegaverse (Smut)

Vikk's P.O.V.

I could tell when I was about to go into heat when my instinct to nest became overwhelming and it was at that time I planned to go to my parents house. I couldn't stay in the apartment when I was in heat, not with the risk of my Alpha roommate finding out, or any other Alpha inhabitant in the building, because during my heat my scent could drive any nearby Alpha crazy. So I left.

Lachlan was definitely an Alpha, I knew that for a fact, especially after I came home from work one day to find him in a rut. I had long pretended that I was a beta- the majority of the population who were completely normal, with no heats or ruts, but his smell drove me mad.

Even though I took heat suppressants, it didn't stop an Alpha scent, specifically Lachlan's, sending me into heat early. My suppressants hid my Omega smell when I wasn't in heat and allowed me to track my cycle, but if Lachlan went into a rut then I was screwed.

I lied to him about what I was, even though we were roommates and really close friends, because I was ashamed. Omega's were almost always female and as a male, I hid away because I had heard the rumours of trafficking and kidnapping and didn't want to risk my life.

But then one day, I forgot to track Lachlan as well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

As well as tracking my own cycle's I often tracked when I thought Lachlan might go into a rut. It was pretty obvious most of the time because he was irritable and didn't want to eat, but this time it wasn't so much. His ruts weren't on a cycle, they were random, but sometimes they got bad.

The second Lachlan stepped in the front door and his scent hit my nose I swore under my breath, tensing my shoulders. I was a couple of days away from my heat and I had planned to escape to my parents house but the scent of his rut- sent me over the edge.

My sleep was fitful, I was feverish and aroused and I wanted to nest but I couldn't because Lachlan was in the next room, probably not asleep. He was in a rut- he barely slept during those nights.

At around 4am I was still awake, still tossing and turning and my heat was getting progressively worse, and despite my nest around me, nothing could soothe the painful feelings. Goddamn I hated my heats.

"Vikk?" I jolted up at the voice in my doorway, Lachlan's scent hitting me heavy. I buried my head back in my blanket, pain in my heart because I knew my secret was out. It was pretty obvious from both my behaviour and scent. "Are you-"

"Leave me alone." I hissed, curling back up in my nest.

"Vikk?" Lachlan stepped a little closer and I curled up tighter, trying to avoid smelling his scent because it would only make it worse. "You're in heat, aren't you."

"Yes." I mumbled stiffly, groaning as a feverish wave overwhelmed me for a moment. "Just... leave me alone."

His hand gently touched my shoulder and it sent fire through my entire body, making me glare at him over the edge of my pile of blankets. He was an Alpha in a rut, I was an Omega in heat, what the hell did he expect was going to happen?

"I- alright. I'll leave you alone, but if you need help you can just come to me, okay?"

I glared again, determined to not need help, but something told me I would need it. My heat was bad.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Lachlan stayed home from work the next day and I continued to toss and turn, never once sleeping and trying to ignore everything going on with my body. I felt like shit, my body was feverish and I was sweating and the things my body wanted to do... I had no energy either, so that didn't help.