Leston- Morning Routine

Lachlan's P.O.V.

I groaned and tugged on the blankets and duvet, I was cold because Preston had decided to move to the other side of the bed and his warmth was no longer comforting me. I heard him stir and then turn himself towards me, mumbling and grumbling.

"If you steal the blankets I'm gonna put my cold feet on you." He mumbled, crawling closer so he could get back underneath the blankets. I didn't listen to him and continued to pull the blankets around my shoulders, I was cold and I wanted the blankets. I regretted that.

Preston pressed his cold feet to the back of my thighs and I shrieked, scrambling away and in the process I managed to tumble off the bed and onto the floor. I yelped as I hit the floor with a bump and just lay there for a couple of seconds, the cold air hitting my body and because I was only wearing boxers I started shivering.

"You're an asshole Preston." I mumbled, finally turning my head to see Preston hanging over the edge of the bed looking at me, grinning widely.

"You didn't listen though." He teased, rolling back away and taking the blankets with him. I groaned and slowly pulled myself back onto the bed, crawling, whining miserably, up to Preston and practically begging him to let me back under the covers.

"Preston?" I mumbled, tugging at the blankets to try and get back under them. He giggled and tugged them closer around himself, completely denying me access to them. "Please!" I shrieked. "It's cold!"

Finally he relented and let me crawl back under the covers, his arm snaking around my waist as he pulled me close. I sighed contentedly and closed my eyes, it was much nicer being back beside him when he wasn't trying to push me off the bed or torture me with his cold feet.

There was a pause, a lull, in life for about half an hour as we were content to just lie there and bask in each others warmth for a little bit, before Preston started to stir. He sat up and the blankets fell off him, but I whined and tried to grab him back, reaching out with my eyes closed because I didn't want to get up.

"Come back Pressy!" I whined, sounding like a little kid. I could feel him smiling.

"We gotta get up now Lachy, it's like half past 10 or something and I'm meant to be recording with Rob soon." I huffed but still didn't get up.

"No. Stay here." He moved to get up but I grabbed at him again, wrapping my arms around his waist and completely refusing to let him go anywhere. "No! Don't go!"

He giggled at my antics, running a soft hand through my hair and I just pouted, giving him a look that let him know that he wasn't going anywhere. He attempted to wriggle but I wasn't letting go, no way.

"Please Lachy?" He asked kindly, looking down at me. "I've got stuff to do." I glared.

"No! Please stay!" Slowly but gently he moved around and unattached my arms, slipping out of bed but I continued to grab and him, whining about how he was abandoning me and how he should feel bad cause now he was just being an asshole.

"I gotta get up babe, we can cuddle later." I glared again and made grabby hands but it was all for nothing because he turned to the closet and grabbed some clothes out of it. I noticed that he taken one of my hoodies, which would be a little big on him.

"I'm taking your hoodie." He said, between laughter. "It smells like you."

I pouted but nodded, only planning to agree if he let me have his comfy sweater, the big one that would still be big on me that he wore around the house on lazy days.

"Okay but only if I can have your comfy one." He nodded and delved around in the closet for a second, bringing it out and throwing it at me. He was already dressed and turned to leave.

"There'll be coffee on the bench in two minutes, you'll have to get up if you don't want it getting cold." I perked at the mention of coffee, Preston made the best coffee and I honestly couldn't function without it because otherwise I turned into a half-human, barely awake, by midday.

I was up, dressed and downstairs in record time and just as Preston promised, there was a steaming cup of coffee on the bench. I snatched it up and then turned to my boyfriend, who was already on the computer in the living room, probably telling Rob that we would be late to the office.

"I'm up now babe." I mumbled, bringing the mug to my lips just I stepped behind him and leaned down on his shoulders. "Thank for the coffee."

"All good." He leaned up and pecked my lips, his Texan accent finally showing through along with his thick and heavy morning voice. He also had a steaming mug of coffee beside him on the desk and I giggled when I saw it was already half finished, meaning it would probably be one of many that day. "We going down to the office soon?"

I nodded, looking around the living room. It looked like a bomb had gone off, pizza boxes and blankets and game controllers were everywhere for last night and I knew we would have to clean them up before we left. Sometimes we stayed for days at the office and it would be gross by the time we got back if we stayed too long.

"Mhm." I mumbled, finally coming back to reality. "Soon."

I used the sleeves of the hoodie, which were a little too big, to hold the coffee mug without burning my hands and Preston noticed because he reached out with the sleeves of his own hoodie, too long on him too, and hit me with them. I shrieked and placed my coffee down, not wanting it to be spilt, and prepared for a battle.

It was childish I knew, but then again both of us were adults with childish hearts, and I didn't doubt that we would never fully grow up. Having a play fight with the sleeves of our hoodies after just waking up at ten thirty in the morning was just something we did, no questions asked.

We finally stopped when both of us were panting and laughing and could hardly stand because of how hard we were giggling, and Preston finally came up to me again. His arms snaked around my waist and we just stood there in the middle of the living room, hugging.

I rested my chin on the top of his head and my eyes flickered closed, a stupid smile plastered on my face. I could feel Preston's heartbeat.

"I love you, you stupid idiot." Preston whispered, earning a giggle from me.

"Love you too Preston." I mumbled, looking down.

He took that opportunity and stood up on his tip toes, capturing my lips and kissing me fiercely, both of our eyes closed.

"I love you." He gasped. "So much."