Vikklan- Waitress

Vikk's P.O.V.

I was back in Australia, for the second time that year, to visit Lachlan at his house. He came over to England for the same amount of time each year. I pulled my hoodie up over my head and flopped down onto the bed next to the lanky blonde, smiling as he stirred.

He had been sleeping for quite a few hours and our sleep schedules were on opposite ends, I slept from about noon to midnight Australian time and Lachlan spent the other 12 hours sleeping, sometimes a little longer if he was extra tired. He slept a lot.

"Hey Lachy." I whispered, pressing a kiss to his forehead. He stirred and rolled over, crawling into my arms and curled up right beside me. He was blinking sleepily and clearly wanted to go back to sleep but both he and I knew that he had work to do.

"Hey Vikky." He mumbled, squinting. He sighed. "I gotta get up don't I?" I nodded my head.

"Yeah you do." I yawned. "And I won't be able to sleep. We've got a reservation in a couple of hours."

It was 3 o'clock, Lachlan had slept in a few hours longer than normal, and we had a special anniversary reservation in a relatively fancy restaurant, not anything too expensive, but it was just for us. There was time for me to take a quick nap but not much else and I knew I would be tired.

"You gonna take a quick nap?" I nodded and curled up beside him, his arm sidling around my waist and tucking me into his side. "Alright, sleep tight then."

I closed my eyes, exhausted, and passed out.

-----------------------------------------------------

"Wake up Vikky." Lachlan shook my shoulder, blowing gently on my cheek to get me to stir. "We're leaving in an hour, it's half past 5."

I groaned and rolled over, kicking the duvet and sheets off me because I was too hot. Lachlan was lying on top of me and was a little giggly, he was poking my stomach and sides and chest and was just trying to get me up while being as annoying as possible.

"Babe." He poked me again. "Babe, get up. Vikkkkkyyyyyy!" He dragged out my name and rolled over me, squashing me into the bed and making me both laugh and yell out because he was both taller and heavier than me.

"Fine, fine, I'm up." I laughed and slipped out of bed, leaving Lachlan pouting while I went to get dressed. I didn't wear anything too fancy, just a pair of black skinny jeans and a nice button up that made Lachlan go red when he saw me.

He was wearing a similar sort of thing, normal jeans, a black white button up and, the thing that made me grin the most, was the leather jacket he was wearing as well. Damn, he looked hot. Lachlan saw my look and glanced away, flustered, tucking at the sleeves of his jacket.

I loved making him flustered because he knew my meaning behind the stares. Just before we left he was walking out the door in front of me and I leaned over and pinched his ass, making him squeak and go red in embarrassment.

I was much more brazen and bold when I knew Lachlan wasn't going to get me back later by embarrassing me or something less... PG... so I couldn't care less.

He didn't say anything, but his arm sidled around my waist.

"Love you Vikky." He whispered, nudging me out the front door.

"Love you too babe."

-------------------------------------------------

At the restaurant we settled down in a back table, a booth, where it was quieter and out of view of most of the diners. Because of my anxiety I didn't like to go out especially to crowded places and heat made it worse because it made me nauseous, so if we went to a restaurant we tried to be at the back, at times when it was less busy.

Lachlan was bright and happy if not a little tired, but he was physically very touchy. He was kicking his feet under the table and reaching his hands across it to grab mine but that still didn't stop someone from trying their luck.

The waitress was nice at first, she took our orders, got our drinks and then left alone for a while where we talked, waiting for our meal. I was anxious but Lachlan's presence helped, and for a while I was able to forget where I was and focus on him.

Then she came back.

It was clear she was flirting with Lachlan, sending him 'subtle' winks and nudging him, calling him pet names and making him uncomfortable. He was scooting away from her but she just progressively got closer, the pet names getting worse and worse.

"And anything else for you sweetheart?" She asked, her voice high and annoying. Lachlan shook his head and shuffled away again, glancing at me with helpless eyes.

He was a kind person, he didn't like to be angry at people and was rarely mean unless someone was mean to me or our friends or they crossed a line on certain topics with him. I knew he wasn't going to speak to her, tell her to fuck off essentially, so I knew I would have to do it if she tried to flirt with him again.

"You alright there Lachy?" I asked after our meals were delivered. He nodded but he was playing with his meal, put out on what was supposed to be a night for just the two of us.

"Yeah it's just... awkward. I don't like it." He smiled sadly and we went back to our meals until they were done. Normally when we went out we would have ordered desert but Lachlan was simply so put out and I was so angry and jealous that I didn't want anything.

The waitress came back and I saw her swaying her hips, doing her best to look sensual.

"Anything else for you, sweet cheeks?" She completely ignored me and Lachlan went pale, but the jealously and irritation was obvious in my face.

"Nothing thanks." I said rather harshly, practically spitting it out. "Just the cheque."

She glared at me but my next words got his attention.

"And I would appreciate if you left me and my boyfriend alone." Her eyes widened and she rushed away, eyes wide and looking very embarrassed. Lachlan giggled, perking up.

"That was brilliant Vikky." He giggled and we sat back, waiting for the cheque. We paid and then left, giggling at how the waitress was now hiding behind the counter and didn't make eye contact with anyone, including us.

Lachlan swung my hand as we walked out to the car, smiling now.

"I didn't know you were so protective." He smiled, hugging me. "I think I like it."

"Well you're my boyfriend, of course I'm gonna be protective of you." I smiled again and we got into the car, silently agreeing not to go back to the restaurant. "Love you babe."

"Love you too." He whispered back. "I love it when you're protective."