Wooflan- Platonic

Rob's P.O.V.

I had to admit, I was nervous. I always looked forward to Lachlan's visits because he insisted on coming and staying with me for a couple of weeks every few months, telling me I was lonely up all by myself in Canada. Vikk had the Sidemen, Mitch and Jerome had each other, Preston had Brianna and I had... Lachlan most of the time. Luna too, but I needed human contact. Something told me it was because Lachlan was lonely himself, living with only your brother a 5 hour drive from anyone else could get annoying. But this time, I was nervous.

This was his fifth visit this year and it was only September, it seemed like he was constantly flying either to or from Canada to visit me. He never really had a reason for it, once for a convention in America, but he just kept coming to visit me. As I mentioned before, it was probably because he was lonely.

The other thing I knew about was that he was straight. As straight as a ruler, constantly mentioning girls he thought were cute, but he was supportive when I came out to him as gay, something I had steeled myself to do for a long time. Although he had made it clear he was supportive of everyone, I couldn't be too sure.

I grinned at the camera, ducking behind a pole at the air port. I could see Lachlan, standing, oblivious, with his headphones in, in the pick up zone with his suitcase by his side. He looked exhausted, hardly on his feet, but it didn't stop me sneaking up behind him and grabbing his waist.

"Rob!" He yelped in surprised, almost throwing his phone at me when he turned. He relaxed when he saw me though, a soft smile covering his face. "Oh, hey."

I wrapped my arms around him in a tight hug, glad that he quickly returned it. I was just happy that he was back with me, for a couple of weeks I wouldn't be as lonely.

I was glad he was back.

-------------------------------------------------------------

During his visits we were normally close, but something this time was a little different. Lachlan was acting different, not weird or strange or anything, he just wanted to be closer to me than I was used to and because of that, some things happened.

He was constantly leaning on me, resting against me while I stood at the counter, coming into my office while I was editing to lean on my shoulder, throwing his legs up over mine while we were sitting on the couch. Hell, he fell asleep on top of me one night and although I managed to wrestle myself out from underneath him, it got me thinking.

At first I chalked it up to tiredness or jet lag, maybe homesickness and missing his brother, but it continue for a couple of weeks. I knew he was straight- he had told me right up when I came out to him, that although he was straight he didn't care who I loved- so it wasn't that. But it didn't stop the fact I was crushing on him, hard.

I couldn't stop my feelings. I couldn't help who I was attracted to and even though I knew that he wouldn't feel the same, I couldn't stop myself from falling head over heels for the Australian boy. God, I felt so stupid thinking about it but it wouldn't go away, and him being so physically close to me didn't help.

About two and a half weeks into his visit everything just welled up and got too much for me, I had been crushing everything down because I didn't want to express it around him, and it turns out that isn't good for you. On a Saturday night, after a long day of recording and editing, I just broke down.

Panic attacks were some of the worst things anyone can experience, it was like I didn't know where I was or what was going on for almost 5 minutes, all I knew was I was wheezing, my chest was heaving and I could barely see, tears pouring down my cheeks.

I was so scared, I felt I was so far in with my relationship with Lachlan that if I revealed how I felt to him then he would leave me. I was gay, he was straight, I was in love with him.

It wasn't until my panicking and sobbing faded that a voice registered in my head. Lachlan was whispering softly to me, his hand resting on my shoulder and, a couple of moments after he realised I had noticed him, he wrapped his arms tight around me and brought me close to his chest. He was whispering comforting words that I could only half hear.

"Shhh, it's okay, it's alright, I'm here, it's okay Rob." I sobbed again, just sitting there with my eyes closed as I tried to stop my cries.

Lachlan just held me until my sobs stifled into quiet hiccups and the occasional sniffle. I closed my eyes, my body jolting with every breath.

"Are you alright?" I sniffled and nodded, sitting back up so I could catch my breath.

"Ye-yeah, I think so."

"So what's got you so upset then?" He asked gently, squeezing my shoulder.

There was an awkward silence for quite a while I gathered my thoughts, trying to work out exactly why I was upset and form it into comprehensive words. And then I blurted it out- confessed what I had kept a secret for so long.

"It's because I'm in love with you."

A mix of emotion flickered across his face, shock, surprise, confusion and finally a smile settled on his lips, a genuine, gentle smile. I was back to sobbing, tears falling thick and fast down my cheeks. He cupped my cheek, still smiling.

"Rob." He whispered, chuckling a little, catching my attention. "I don't mind. I love you back, just not in the same way."

He hugged me again, burying his head in my neck. It took me a moment to process but when my brain finally caught up with everything I hugged right back, because I couldn't be mad at him. I couldn't be disappointed, I couldn't be sad. I had known what his answer was going to be from the beginning and what he had given me was more than what I had expected.

When we pulled back Lachlan was still grinning but now with tears in his eyes, wiping them away while laughing.

"God I don't know why I'm crying." He spluttered, half sobbing. "I feel so stupid now."

"Just don't think about it." I laughed, using my thumb to dry the tears. "Just... thanks Lachlan."

"You don't need to thank me." He whispered back, throwing his arms around me in one last hug. "Because I mean it."

"I know you do."