Wooflan- Alcohol

Lachlan's P.O.V.

My stomach grumbled and it echoed around the room, silent and dark. I was starving but the rumbling on my stomach, imitating the call of a whale, didn't give me the strength to stir or get up and I just sat there on my bed, leant up against the wall and my body stiff.

I didn't know how long I had been sitting there but judging by the stiffness of my body and my lack of ability to move I would say at least 24 hours. Even if I wanted to move, I couldn't. I was sitting up on my bed, my back firmly against the backboard, head lolling to the side and my body both numb and on fire.

My legs were completely numb and I couldn't feel anything below my waist but my back and waist were completely on fire from supporting my upper body for so long. I was tired, my eyes slipping closed every few seconds, but there was no way in hell I was going to sleep, not then.

And the other thing was, was I was drunk. Scanning the room I could see multiple empty bottles strewn on the floor, beer bottles and, unfortunately, an empty whiskey bottle that had only been half empty when I started my drinking binge a few days earlier.

There was vomit stained on my chin and my head was still pounding, my vision fuzzy and unable to stand any form of light so I stayed, unmoving, in the darkness.

I knew I had a problem, a big one, but I never made any attempt to fix it. I had fallen down a massive hole and I was too far down to ever think that I could crawl back out of it. The binges and the days after where I lay motionless, feeling sorry for myself but never doing anything to change the way I lived.

I winced as my phone vibrated, even that was too loud to cope with. I would have completely ignored it but then it vibrated again a second later, a phone call. Groaning in pain I leaned over, shifting for the first time in hours, and grabbed my phone where the number displayed was someone I knew very well. Rob.

For a second I considered not answering the call, I really wasn't up to his questions, but I knew I should do otherwise. I had vanished off the internet for days, ignoring every message and giving no one any indication I was alive, so finally I decided to pick up.

"Hello?" I croaked, my voice strained from lack of use.

"Oh my God Lachlan!" Rob yelled down the phone, sounding panicked and scared. "Thank God! Where the hell have you been! Everyone's been panicking, you weren't replying to any messages!"

I winced at his loud voice and held the phone away from my ear, my pounding headache returning in full force.

"I'm fine Rob." I sighed, the phone in my lap. "Just... leave it. I don't wanna talk right now."

"Lachlan? What the hell is going on right now?"

"It doesn't matter. Bye."

"Don't you dare hang u-" click. I was in no mood for his intrusive questions and his voice was far too loud for me to cope with so I just hung up. He knew I was alive, end of story.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I got about half an hour of silence, my position unchanged and my body still aching, before I heard a car pull in the drive. I sighed and closed my eyes, it was likely my brother or a member of Click coming to check up on me but because I physically couldn't move unless they had a key, no one did, or found the spare one they couldn't get in.

There was a heavy knock on the door but I continued to stare blankly into space, pretending there was no one there. My phone buzzed.

Rob: Lachlan I know you're in there.

What? Why was Rob here and then I almost slapped myself because I remembered that a few days earlier, about the day I started my drinking binge, Rob had flown in from Canada to stay with Click for a few days. I had completely forgotten.

Rob: I swear to God, please let me in.

No movement from me.

There was no knocking for a few minutes before there was rattling and a key turned in the lock. I sighed. Rob must have found the spare key hidden in a pot plant under an ornamental mushroom and now he was in the house there was no way I could get around it.

"Lachlan?" His voice was softer than I expected, especially considering the tone of his earlier texts. "Are you okay?"

His soft footsteps came up the stairs and he pushed open the door, stepping into my room. I could see him out of the corner of my eye and the shock and sadness on his face when he saw me sitting on my bed, motionless.

"Oh Lachy..." He whispered, stepping over the mess on the floor to get closer to the bed. His foot knocked against an empty bottle and sent it across the floor, my eyes lazily following it. "What's going on?"

He reached out to touch me, even as gently as he did it, I couldn't help but jerk myself away. I groaned in pain at the sudden movement, I had forced my body out of the position it had been in for well over 24 hours and bloody hell it was painful. I gasped in pain, pitching over onto my side.

Rob scrambled to help me the second he saw me start to tip over but he wasn't quick enough, my body hit the bed with a loud thump and I just lay there, my nose wrinkled in pain.

"Lachlan?" He asked, voice high. "Okay, okay, I'm gonna have to move you alright, you need to lie down properly."

I didn't acknowledge him, I didn't have the strength for that.

His hands were gentle, trying desperately not to cause me any pain but I knew any movement was going to anyway, so there wasn't much point in him doing that. One arm snuck under my waist and the other under my knees, lifting me up from the bed a few inches, moving me down and finally setting me back down, my head on the pillows.

I knew that movement should have hurt but for some reason I didn't- either there had been no pain at all or my body and brain were so numb that I hadn't felt it. At that point I didn't care, even though both options were slightly concerning.

Rob tucked a blanket firmly around my chest, sitting in the position I had been in earlier with his thigh next to my head.

"Just sleep, alright. We can sort everything else out later."

I didn't want to think about later, and sleep was a better option.

I closed my eyes gratefully. Yeah. Sleep was good.