Wroetostar- Needle

Vikk's P.O.V.

It was just a shame that I wasn't around at his house when Harry fell ill because by the time I saw him again, almost a week after he said he first felt ill, it was bad. I visited his apartment only a couple of hours after I got off my 24 hour flight and the second I walked through the door I knew that something was wrong.

"Harry?" I called into the silent and stuffy hallway, padding gently down into the main room. There was no reply but after a quick text to his phone and a ding on the couch, I knew he was there. He would never leave his phone here if he went out. "Are you here?"

There was still nothing so I wandered from room to room, trying to find him. There were no lights on other than in his bedroom and when I walked through it to his on suite I sighed in relief- there he was, lying face first on the floor of the bathroom, fast asleep. I shook his shoulder, smiling when his eyes flickered to me.

"Hey babe, you're not feeling well, are you?" He shook his head miserably, groaning in pain as he rolled himself onto his side. "Alright, I'll be right back. I'll get some meds and the thermometer and a cold face cloth."

He nodded slowly, closing his eyes again. I did everything as quickly as I could but the second I checked his temperature I knew I was going to have to get him into the emergency room when it came up with 40.3 degrees Celsius and although I knew he would whine and complain, it was necessary.

"Harry, we're gonna have to go into the ER. I have no idea how long you've been like this, you're probably dehydrated and apparently I need to get you to a doctor if your temp is over 39.4. Yeah... come on."

He whined deep in his throat as I tried to move him, struggling because of how much smaller I was than him. He barely moved but after a few minutes of huffing and prodding at him he heaved himself into a sitting position, holding his arms up so I could pull him upright.

"Come on." I mumbled gently as I hauled him downstairs and into my car, even having to buckle him in myself because he was so exhausted. His head was nodding throughout the car ride as I drove as fast as (or faster than in some cases) I legally could.

We pulled up outside the ER and I gestured for some help from some people standing outside- Harry was half asleep and there was no way I would be able to carry him inside. We were seen almost at once because of his state, ushered into a back room and he was laid on the bed. His eyes flickered, finding me just next to him.

"Vikk?" He slurred, his hand sneaking over to me. "Wha' happenin'?"

"You're in the ER babe, you've got a really bad fever and apparently you're really dehydrated."

"Oh." Something told me he didn't actually know what I said, but anyway.

The doctor arrived a couple of minutes later and gave him a quick check over, while I texted the other members of the Sidemen, berating them for allowing Harry to lie on the floor of his apartment for days.

"Okay, you're going to need an IV because you're very dehydrated and we'll get some fever medication as well to bring your temperature down." Harry barely noticed him speaking. "I'll be back."

But the second the doctor walked back in through the door with the IV- a thick needle on the end of the tube- he freaked. I honestly should have seen this coming, even in his fevered state Harry was terrified of needles, to the point where he would be sick if he had to get a flu shot. My heart started to pound, because I knew this could only go downhill.

"Harry!" I yelped, my hands scrabbling to get ahold of his. "It's okay, it's okay, it's just an IV, I'll be here okay!"

"No!" He cried out, pulling away. "No needles!"

Somewhere in the chaos I managed to grab ahold of his hands and I tugged him to face me, pulling him out of his fevered panic. His eyes met mine, blown wide with fear.

"You're alright, it's just an IV. It's not going to hurt, you won't have to look at it and I'll be with you the whole time, okay?" His lip trembled and I noticed the doctor had turned and slowly backed from the room, giving me a moment to calm him and talk him into getting the medication. It was needed and he really had no choice but in his state I didn't know if he knew that.

"No." He shook his head again, his chest heaving. "No needles. I don't like needles. No needles."

"You need the medication though Harry, it'll make you feel better."

He hesitated, looking up at me.

"You'll stay?"

"Of course I'm staying! I'm not going anywhere, I promise."

"And it won't hurt?" He was calming down.

"It won't hurt. I've had an IV before, you'll barely feel it."

There was a few seconds pause before he slowly nodded, already moving to bury his head in my chest.

"Okay." He whispered. "But only if you stay."

"Of course."

The actually process of getting the IV in took less than a minute despite the doctor going as slow as he could, explaining each step as he went. Harry stayed tense, his head turned away and his hand squeezing tight onto mine and when the needle pinched his skin he jumped, but didn't react any more than that.

"See? It wasn't too bad."

"Mm." He mumbled, now watching as the tubing delivered a clearing liquid into his veins, medication to help with the fever and liquid to hydrate him. The doctor explained that he would have to be on the IV for at least an hour to allow him to rehydrate, but after that if his temperature went down we could go home. He said it was good thing I got him to the hospital when I did because any longer without hydration could have had serious consequences.

Harry fell asleep on me after about half an hour, his head rest on my lap while the IV did its thing and I read on my phone, trying to find ways to pass the time. Josh and Tobi were the only who replied to my texts, both apologizing profusely for not checking up on my boyfriend while I was away. They were both asking how he was too, and I replied that he was alright, just dehydrated.

It was late in the evening, around 11 at night, that we were finally released, taking the car back home so I could tuck Harry into his bed. He was still running quite a high fever but he was more coherent and at least talking, which was a good sign.

As I moved to tuck him he leaned over, holding his arms out for me. I only smiled, lying down beside him.

"Sleep tight Harry." I whispered, my arms sliding around his waist. "I hope you get better soon."