Vikklan- Saved

Lachlan's P.O.V.

It was odd that I decided to go for a walk, it was late in the evening and I was exhausted, but I still went because something told me I needed to. As much as I whined and complained inside my head I still went out and wandered around the neighbourhood for about an hour.

I wandered with no direction, hands in my pockets and earbuds in, and eventually I found myself in a park. It was mostly dark, only select places lit up by streetlights but in the pause between two songs I heard something that both scared and startled me. I took my earbuds out for a better listen.

At first I thought I was imagining it, but then I heard it again. Low sobbing, echoing in the darkness. From far away it sounded like a child, someone young and vulnerable and scared so I tried to find the source of the sound to comfort them, but as I got closer they started to sound a little older.

I hesitated as I came into sight of them, curled up on a park bench in the half light, sobbing. I was right in thinking they were young, they were, probably about my age but I couldn't exactly tell because they were curled over on themselves, but the other thing was that he was tiny.

Even from the distance of a few metres I could tell that he was as skinny as anything, his skin stretched taunt across his bones and so tiny and short that he looked like a child. I approached slowly, not wanting to scare him.

"Hey, you alright?" I said it softly, knowing that it was terrifying to have a stranger approach you in the dark in the middle of nowhere. He yelped and jumped almost a foot into the air, switching into defence mode right after that.

In the light I couldn't see much of his face, hidden by his hair and the darkness but when he lifted his eyes to look at me, I saw the reason he had been crying. Much of his face was marred by several wicked looking bruises, a black eye and multiple, still bleeding, cuts.

I jolted back in surprise, shocked.

"Oh my god! Are you okay!?" He pulled away, shrinking back onto the bench. "Woah, woah, I didn't mean to scare you, sorry...."

There were tear tracks dried on his cheeks and his eyes looked at me, wide and scared.

"What's your name?" I asked, gently. "I'm Lachlan."

"Vikk." He sniffled, wiping his nose with his sleeves. "Why does it matter?"

"Because I'm worried about you. You're out in a park in the dark, crying and covered in bruises. You don't have anywhere to go, do you?" He shook his head, that sentence bringing the tears out in his eyes. "Do you need somewhere, even if it's just for tonight?"

"I suppose I don't have any choice." He smiled shakily. "Any place would be better than a park bench, even if you're a crazed murderer."

"I can assure you that I'm not, but I don't know if my word is any good." I paused. "Do you wanna come back to mine? You can stay as long as you'd like, to get you back on your feet."

He nodded. I was inviting him for several reasons, but most of all because I couldn't just leave him there. He wasn't going to be a threat to me, he was tiny and clearly scared, he needed someplace to get back on his feet and I could give him that.

"Come on, let's go."

------------------------------------------------

I didn't get a word out of Vikk even after we got home and I showed him to the guest room, where he would be sleeping. I did ask some more question, trying to find out who he was and where he had come from but there was no answer, he just squeezed his hands together.

"Do you want something to eat?" He shook his head. "Do you just wanna sleep?" He nodded. "Alright. I'll see you in the morning."

-------------------------------------------------

It took a few days of gentle prodding and the building up of trust before Vikk finally started to open up, shyly answering questions I asked him and building up a picture of who he was. He was 23, a month older than myself, and had been living with his boyfriend before everything turned south. He had become abusive and the night I found him was the last straw for him. He ran away after his boyfriend had beaten him with nothing but the clothes on his back.

I began providing him with things, clothes and food and ideas to get him back on his feet, and he took those things with quite a bit of hesitation. He barely wanted to take the clothing and did everything he could to make up for me having to give him things, telling me he would be out of my hair as soon as possible. And I kept telling him that he didn't have to go, because I liked him being there.

It took me quite a while to realise that I had fallen head over heels for the shy boy I had taken in, probably far too long honestly. It hit me one morning when I glanced up at Vikk, sitting at the kitchen bench sipping on a glass of juice, that I loved that boy and God, I didn't want him to go.

I had also noticed that Vikk was looking for things to get him back on his feet too. He was planning to leave, I could tell, to find his own place and get his life back on track but I desperately gathered my courage to confront him, to tell him to stay. I couldn't bear to see him go, not when everything in my heart told me to keep him.

"Vikk?" I asked, his head turning to me. He nodded, acknowledging that he had heard me. "Why... why are you planning on leaving? I told you that you could stay."

He looked at me sadly, smiling.

"I know you said I could, but it doesn't stop me feeling like I'm getting in the way of everything." He shrugged. "I don't like being a burden, so I think its time for me to move on."

"God Vikk, you aren't a burden! I love having you here!" I said, throwing my arms up into the air to add emphasis. "And I certainly don't want you do go. You don't need to rush in leaving but if you want to I'm not going to stop you. You can stay as long as you like, even if it's just until you're finally back onto your feet."

I had only just stopped talking when Vikk suddenly leaned in, pressing his lips to mine in a fierce, passionate and fiery kiss. I was in such shock that it took me a second to process what was going on, but once I realised that holy shit he was kissing me, I kissed back. My hand caressed his cheek.

We pulled away red in the face, Vikk too embarrassed to look me in the eyes. I tapped his chin gently, getting him to look up at me so I could talk to him without feeling like he was too embarrassed or shy to listen.

"How long did you hide that?" I whispered, my hand snaking into his.

"Far too long." He mumbled back. "Almost since the first day I met you, and I want to say something that I didn't have the courage to then." He paused, taking in a heavy breath. "Thank you for.... for everything you've done for me. I appreciate it so much. And.... and I'd love to stay."

"I'd love you to stay as well." I whispered, pressing another kiss to his lips. "Forever."