Veston- Speed Dating

Preston's P.O.V.

"Come onnnnnn Preston!" Rob whined, pulling the duvet off me. I groaned and pulled it back up because it was far too early to be up, I didn't wanna get up and I just wasn't ready to face the world. "You can't keep hiding! It's been 3 months, it's time to move on!"

"No." I mumbled, rolling over to face away from him. "Leave me alone Rob."

I had been in a depression ever since Brianna had broken up with me, something I hadn't been expecting because I thought our relationship was going amazingly. I thought it was perfect, we had everything, or at least I thought we did. She had broken up with me suddenly over a phone call and left me in the dust, our house sold, our belongings gone and I disappeared almost completely off the internet for a solid month.

I never gave an explanation to my followers as to why I disappeared but they managed to work it out pretty quickly. It was obvious. So finally, after I moved in with Rob, I went back to recording every couple of days to make sure they had some content.

"Get up Preston! I've signed you up for a speed dating thing this afternoon and you're going, no matter what you say." I yelped, sitting up.

"Rob! No, I'm not going!" I yelled at him, glaring.

"Yes you are!" He yelled back. "I'm sick of your shit Preston, it's been three months and you've made no effect at all to move on! Get it together!"

He then turned and left, slamming the door behind him. I sat there, stunned, until the door was gently pushed open and my other housemate, the tall blonde by the name of Lachlan, who was looking very confused and a little upset.

"Preston? What's up with Rob?" He sounded upset because his boyfriend was upset too and I knew that I would have to tell him exactly what happened before he got even more upset.

"Rob signed me up for this speed dating bullshit and I don't wanna go. I got pissed at him." Lachlan gave me a flicker of a smile before turning.

"I'll go check on him but I really think you should go, get out for once." I glared at him, but he only smiled. "Just trust me, alright? It'll be good for you."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

It took Rob and Lachlan literally shutting me out of the house to get me to go to the speed dating thing, and I still yelled at them, calling them assholes, but finally I turned around and got in my car. The venue was about a 15 minutes away and I spent the whole ride fuming at both of them because I really didn't want to go.

I arrived in silence, but I never actually went inside the venue. I instead stopped just outside when I noticed a younger boy sitting miserably on a bench with his head in his knees. He looked mad and slightly disappointed and almost at once I decided to ignore the event and talk to him.

"Hey, you alright?" I asked, catching the attention of the younger boy. He looked up, startled.

"I- yeah?" He stuttered, wide eyed.

"You don't look alright." He shrugged. "Are you here for-" I waved at the building, "this thing?"

"Yeah. Been coming for a while now but I don't know if I'm gonna keep coming. I'm seriously about to give up." He sighed and buried his head further in his hands.

"Wow, this is my first time here. My friend locked me out of the house until I left because I didn't leave the house for a couple months. Also I might have been being an asshole." I laughed a little, trying lift the mood.

"Bad break up?" He said, looking up at me. I nodded. "I'm Vikk, what's you name?"

"Preston. You wanna get out of here, maybe get something to eat?" He nodded.

"That sounds good. I'm down."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Vikk and I went out for lunch together that afternoon to kill time, so I could pretend to Rob and Lachlan that I had actually been to the stupid event. Vikk was a little shy but we quickly got to talking, and I was incredibly surprised to find out that he also did YouTube- what were the chances?

He was a much smaller channel than mine but I didn't mind, he seemed so passionate about his job and what he did that I couldn't help but smile. He filled any silence with chatter and questions and he laughed when I told him about myself, and even through that first meeting I found I liked him.

"Can I get your number?" I asked as we stood outside the café, Vikk's hands stuffed in his pockets. He nodded.

"Of course. Do you wanna meet up some other time?"

"Yeah, are you free anytime next week?"

"I am."

------------------------------------------------------------------

We met up a couple more times over the course of a few weeks at different cafes and restaurants, under the disguise of going out on an errand or going shopping or something. I didn't really want Lachlan or Rob to know what was going on just yet because although I trusted them, I knew they would embarrassment me the first chance they got and I simply wanted to make a good impression.

I really, really liked Vikk. He was cute, sweet and really chatty, something I liked about him. He filled any silence with chatter and stupid puns but I loved them, and him, all the same. His eyes were bright and full of life, he was outgoing and loud and witty and- shit. I maybe liked him a little more than I liked to admit.

Our first kiss was quiet, soft and very shy because Vikk could barely look at me afterwards, his cheeks bright red and his hands almost physically shaking. I hugged him tightly, laughing with happiness. Vikk eventually started smiling back and laughed too, hugging me back.

I introduced him to Rob and Lachlan about a month later once we were official and I was around at Vikk's at least twice a week to hang out with him, helping him record and edit and then, finally, at my own suggestion, we did a collab that boosted his subscriber number by almost 100,000.

The introduction went well thankfully and Rob and Lachlan were super happy that I had found someone and they liked Vikk as well, even though he had been a little shy the first time around. He quickly grew on them though and once he found out they were YouTubers too everything fell into place.

Vikk yelped as I fell on top of him, where he was lying on a couch.

"Preston...!" He whined, but he was smiling. "You're an asshole." He muttered into my shirt, but he clung to me when I slid onto the couch beside him.

"But you love me." I whispered back, holding him tight.

"I do." He mumbled. "And I don't regret it."