Vikklan- Here For You Part 2

Vikk's P.O.V.

I stayed with Lachlan for a couple of days, I couldn't bear to go back to the house when I knew my uncle was still in town, as were most of my family. I had no idea why they had suddenly decided to come to town considering half of them lived across the country but they were there, and I didn't know until I went back.

Lachlan was quite happy to let me stay and after a few days he finally got out of me what had happened. As soon as he knew he wanted to go right to mine, kill my uncle and then kill my parents because I didn't trust them enough to tell them. I managed to stop him, barely.

The moment I walked in the front door I stopped, seeing suitcases gathered by the front door. My dad walked right past me, not even acknowledging I was there despite the fact I had been gone for 4 or 5 days.

"Vikram! Do you know where the umbrella is!?" My mother yelled down the hall, also not caring that I had been gone.

"No? What's going on? What are all the suitcase for?"

"Oh, your father and I are leaving for a couple of months. Your aunt and uncle are staying to the look after you and the house." I paled.

"Which... which uncle?"

"Your dads brother."

--------------------------------------------------------------

I had only been back for 5 minutes, but I called Lachlan, packed a suitcase with all of my most important things and left. There was no way in hell I was staying with him, for two months, not after what he had done to me only a few days earlier. I packed and left.

Lachlan allowed me at once to stay with him, especially once he heard who was house sitting for my parents. He was even angrier than he had been the moment I told him what had happened to me and he actually had to leave the room for a moment to calm himself, but he came back with shoulders slumped.

"Like... I know we barely know each other but it's kinda my instinct to protect you Vikk. I just... hate that they can treat you like that and be so oblivious to it at the same time." He sat down beside me, slipping his hand into mine. My face went red.

I didn't have a crush on him, I told myself, I didn't have a cru- no screw that, I had a big fat crush on him. I just really, really fucking liked him, alright?

Our first kiss was a couple of days later and just like that, we were official. There was no big confession, no discussion even, it just sorta happened and after that we were boyfriends.

I liked it.

------------------------------------------------------------

High school graduation crept up on me and before I knew it my days in school were over and it was time to move onto something new. I hadn't officially moved out of my parents house but even after they got back, two months later with no explanation as to where they went, I spent most of my time at Lachlan's. I invited him to my graduation, I knew he wanted to see it.

The ceremony wasn't at my school, it was at this big event centre and some of the younger students spent the day setting it up. It was huge and considering my parents had never met Lachlan face to face I was sure they wouldn't notice him, sitting amongst everyone else towards the back. In fact I was a little surprised that my parents even bothered to show up, especially considering their disappointment in my failings.

"Vikram Barn." I went up to the stage with a huge smile on my face and shook the Principals hand. I was about to leave the stage when she stopped and turned back towards the mic. "I'd like to stop here for a moment, because right now we have someone very special on stage. Vikk is a very talented musical student and over his time here he won multitudes of awards for his music. I'm very proud of him, and I hope you keep your music up Vikk. It'll get you amazing places."

I saw the look on my parents faces as I left the stage, partly disgust and partly disbelief. Lachlan was grinning so widely that I laughed, he looked so proud of me.

Once it was over and everyone started to get up and ran past my parents, hoping they wouldn't see me, and made a beeline for Lachlan. He hugged me tightly, rocking from foot to foot while grinning.

"Well done Vikky." He whispered. "I'm so, so proud of you."

And then he kissed me. It was by no means our first kiss and it was a short and sweet one, we were in a public space, and we both pulled away smiling. Then I heard an indignant yell.

"Vikram Barn! How dare you!" My dad hissed, grabbing my arm. I yelped in pain and the look on Lachlan's face was painful as he stepped towards me.

Don't. I mouthed, and he backed off. I'll get to yours.

I allowed my parents to drag me home, berating me all the way about disappointing my family and about how I was never going to be allowed to see him again and how they were going to lock me away. I ignored it all because I knew it was bullshit. Most of my things were already at Lachlan's there were only a few things I wanted at home that could easily fit in a backpack.

Packing everything I texted Lachlan telling him that yes, I was alright and I should be at his in less than half an hour. I needed to talk to my parents first.

They were both sitting on the couch and my mother was crying, but I didn't care. They both looked up when I walked in, my father leaping to his feet to rebegin his rant about how much I sucked.

"Oh shut up would you? I'm 18, you've got no control over me. I'm leaving. I don't give a shit if you think I'm a disappointment, I'm going to make something of myself and when I do, don't expect me to allow you to come crawling back. You're shitty parents and I'm glad that I'll never have to see your faces again."

And with that I turned and left, smiling. I had been distancing myself from them for months, preparing for that exact moment.

"Vi-" My mother began to call, but the snapping of the front door cut her off.

I was free.

Finally.

----------------------------------------------------------------

When I said I was going to make something of myself, I wasn't kidding. My music was my life, along with Lachlan, and standing in front of a crowd of thousands I could finally say I did it. I had made it and my music had made me a career.

Lachlan stood in the wings, a smile almost permanently on his face. He was always smiling, especially since both of us were happy now, we had careers and we had each other.

"I love you." I whispered to Lachlan as his arms wrapped around my waist.

"I love you too." He whispered back with a smile.