13-Just an old hag full of wrinkles and failed botox

"I hate this" I say to Em as we walk downstairs, all dressed up for this dinner.

"Come on, we all suffer together. It's a 3 hour ordeal" she grin and nods as Tiny runs down before us

"Okay so is everyone ready? They're going to be here any minute?" My dad questions coming into the kitchen to join the rest of us.

We all had to dress up, Giovanni's had a strict dress code. The guys were all wearing dress shirts and actual nice shoes.  Em was wearing a sophisticated navy jumpsuit, and I was wearing a classy, little black dress. I hate it. I wanted my jeans and t-shirts but apperently that was 'unacceptable' to my presumptuous ass grandparents.

"You look weird in a dress" Caleb grins as he sits beside me on the couch, Tiny was laying on the other side of me with his head resting on my lap

"Wow you really know how to flatter a girl Kazer" I say grimly, all enthusiasm gone from my voice. Making the grin he was wearing drop. I know he was trying to make me feel better, but right now, I don't think anything would.

"Hey, are you sure you want to do this?" He questions, his amber eyes boring into mine as he lays an arm on the couch behind me.

"I don't have a choice, besides its for my brothers, If they suffer so do I" I shrug even though I really didn't want to do this.

"You know I got your back right"  he says seriously, his arm dropping to my shoulders. It was comforting to have him here, and even moreso to hear his words. "always"

"I know Co, Thank you" I nod offering a small smile
He just grins at me before his attention is snapped away by the doorbell ringing

"Time for he fireworks" I mumble as Tiny and I waltz to the front of the house to greet our grandparents.

"Kathy, Don...Good to see you" my dad cringes as the words leave his mouth

"Yeah it is" Kathy, my grandmother states
"Where are my grandchildren?" She beckons us as all five of us step forward

"Happy birthday  twins" she says giving them a very fake tight lipped smile

"Thank you Grandma" the both say before she moves down the line to Colton

"Oh Colton, you've gotten taller" she say looking up at him "Can you still not read?"

I stare her dead in the eyes, not daring to back down.
She did not just say that to him.

I let out a scoff and look at her in disgust. Not saying anything but silently hoping she did.

"Is there something you want to say, Bailey?" She snaps. She insisted on using my first name, the one thing I'd truly hated.

And here we go.

"yeah act-" I start to say before a hand wraps around my wrist and squeezes. Becks Silent way of telling me to calm down. I look at Colton and see him nod, signalling it's okay

"Yes, grandma, I can read. It's called dyslexia, and it's a reading disability. It means I have trouble reading but I am still able to do so. It just takes me a little longer than the average person" Cotlon states coldly, a lot nicer than what I was about to say. It's sad that a fifteen, almost sixteen, year old boy has more class than a however-old she is woman.

My grandfather just snorts at this. I couldn't tell if it was to belittle my brother or at the fact that the fifteen year old just stuck up to an old ass bag of wrinkles and Botox in the most dignified way.

Kathy just rolls her eyes before she moved down to me.

"Bailey" Kathy states with venom laced in her voice as a fake smile is plastered on her face