55- Use Protection

*Highly recommend listening to this song, it's perfect for this chapter and one of my favorites!

"Belle? Have you seen A? He has my shoes" Em huffs

"Why?" I laugh at her, it was almost midnight and we were all messes scattered around Tyler's house. The host himself, was loving the attention.

"Cause my feet were hurting and I told him to hold my shoes" She grins and I just laugh. She can be very bossy sometimes.

"Sorry, I haven't seen him"

"Damnit, it's almost midnight, I gotta look presentable for midnight pictures. Speaking of which, how do you not look like a mess right now?" She gestures to my very put together appearance.

"Haven't been drinking that much Em" I shake my head at her, I've only had a few beers, I was a girl of simple taste really.

"I noticed you two have been avoiding eachother" she comments again, sitting beside me "You should really talk to him"

"I can't Em. He and I are friends, and I don't want to mess that up and get stupid feelings involved" I huff, no matter how much I liked him, he's still my best friend and I didn't want to jeopardize that. If anything happens between us, I could lose him and that can't happen.

"I think it's a little too late for that Belle, he's had feeling involved for years." She snorts "It's exactly why you should talk to him. You want to be with someone who's your best friend." She state smile seriously this time

"I don't know Em, he's just confusing sometimes. Like this passed week, he hasn't said a word to me, he's been avoiding me. Granted I've gone along with it, but I just thought that was because he didn't want to see me. And then at the house earlier he was messing with me and I just don't know." I start to ramble. I was so confused and I hated being confused. I felt like I was losing control of this situation and my own emotions, something that never happened to me.

"You can't be in control of everything Belle" Em laughs. That's true, but there have been very few situations I wasn't. "I just wanna see you happy"

"I've been hearing that a lot" I roll my eyes. I am happy, perfectly happy right now... I think. "Can we just not talk about this right now? We have four minutes until midnight,"

"Yeah, I gotta go get my shoes" she huffs with an eye roll

I just grin at her before I stalk into the kitchen. Ty had started gathering everyone into the living room to watch the ball drop, I however snuck back into the kitchen to pour champagne for everyone.

Turns out he didn't have any champagne flutes, honestly I don't think he owned anything glass. Red solo cups it is.

We're classy bitches down here.

"What are you doing in here?" The familiar deep voice sounds behind me, scaring the shit out of me and causing me to spill a little bit of the champagne on my top and the counter.

"You scared the shit out of me" I semi-yell at him as he just sort of-grins at me

"Sorry" he shrugs "Why are you in here?"

"Just pouring some champagne for everyone" I mumble, turning away from him, back to the cups

"Can you please talk to me Belle?" He says seriously now

"About what?" I state, sounding a little more bitter than I'd originally intended to

"Just anything" he grunts

"What?" I turn around to look at him

"I just want to talk to you" he says, his tone sad and his eyes not bright and happy like they usually are