39- Tell you what I want

"So what are you doing for Thanksgiving on Thursday?" Dallas asks, it was two days until our annual Thanksgiving day party. It's nice to actually talk to him, since last weekend he'd been acting kind of weird around me.

We went out to the ice cream shop again. It's become our usual spot. Despite what I told Jordan, I couldn't stop replaying that conversation in my head.

"Eh just our usual party" I tell him. Every year we had a big party with all the kids.

"Wait you guys have a party?" Dallas questions with raised eyebrows

"Yeah..." I shrug "What what does your family do?"  I ask. We always had a fun thanksgiving. it was basically just another party with all of our friends but my dad's side of the family came over too. My cousins are all going to be there, so this party could end in a possible explosion, one of us breaking a bone, or one of us falling through a ceiling, all have been done by my cousins. Specifically, Joey, he's done all three in one night.

"Well my pretentious family comes over, we have a dinner where barely anyone talks unless its about politics or school and then everyone leaves" he says "That's how every holiday goes"

"Oh, well if you want, I could ask my dad if you could come over for a bit. Maybe not for dinner, we already have over forty people for dinner, but you can come for dessert" he smirks at me as I say this and I can't help but notice the lack of butterflies in my stomach. Nothing.

"Holy shit, forty people?"

"Well no not really. I think there's more, so there's my family, that's eleven; Then Em's family, thats three, her, her mom and older sister; then Kazers, that's nine; then Jordan and his sister Julia;  the Powell's, that's four; and the Addams are coming over too, there's another three; then we have my dad's younger sister, aunt Kat and my Uncle Ken with my cousins Summer and Joey, there's four; then his older sister, aunt Kelly and  her husband, Uncle Anthony, their kids-my cousins, Charlie, Cora, Carrie and Carries boyfriend; and then my great aunt and uncle, Joanie and Rich with then my dad's cousin Brit." I ramble off everyone I could think of

"Jesus your family is huge" he says with wide eyes "If I'm being honest your family is scary as hell"

"No we aren't! We're just a lot to handle" I smile proudly at him "Just wait until you meet my cousins, Brittany is basically my cousin too even though she technically my dad's cousin. She closer to our age than she is my dad. My dads dad was the oldest of nine siblings, my great auntie joanie, my grandfather's youngest sister was only five when my dad was born so she isn't even sixty yet. Brittany is two years older than Zach"

"Damn, I'm sorry but y'all are insane" he starts to laugh making me grin

"Yeah that's been known," I shrug before sticking my wallet back into my pocket. We both grabbed our empty cups and disposed of them into the recycling bin before walking out.

"Winter break is so close" he huffs "I just want it to be here already. I can't spend new year's with you" he grins excitedly, bobbling on his feet like a little kid

"Yeah me too" I smile up at him

-------------

"Good you're home!" My dad smiles as I set the truck keys on the counter "You can help me, I just started cooking for thursday"

Thankfully we were on our mini-thanksgiving break. We only have the rest of this week off but I'm still relieved. The bitch squad, more specifically, Bianca, have been obviously trying to piss me off. When she pulled my hair, Caleb and Jordan had to hold my hands the whole way to lunch and the period after to stop me from punching her.