Chapter 38 - Muggle Music

(y/n) was by herself waiting for Hermione at the courtyard. She told Hermione to meet her an hour after school because she wanna ask her something.

In few minutes, Hermione finally came.

"Hi, (y/n)." Hermione said.

"Hello, Hermione." (y/n) respond.

"What is it you want to ask about?" Hermione asked

"Ahmm.. Not here." (y/n) said, then dragged Hermione.

She took Hermione to the Astronomy Tower.

"Why are we here?" Hermione asked?

"Because I don't want other people to hear what we're gonna talk about." (y/n) said, then sat down on a seat.

"Ok. I see.. What do you want to talk about?" Hermione asked and sat down as well.

"Well.. You know who confuse my mind is about my m-mum. I just... I want to know why she like muggle stuffs. I want to understand why. Can you tell me interesting things about muggles?" (y/n) asked Hermione.

"Oh! Ahmm.. How do I start? Well, there are a lot of things, to be honest. Everthing is pretty much similar to what wizards have, but muggles do things by themselves. Muggles tend to create things without magic. Like for example, from this generation, everyone are crazy about technology." Hermione said.

"What is this technology, you say?"  (y/n) said.

"Well, it's pretty much a scientific study. But it's the invention what normal people are obsessed with, like television, radios and especially cellphones." Hermione said.

"Can you explain to me what does inventions do?" (y/n) asked.

"This inventions uses signals. A television is like a magic box where people watch other people, acting, for entertainment. A radio is another magic box, but smaller, that people use to listen to news but usually music. And of course the cell phone, they use it to communicate to each other no matter how far you are from each other." Hermione explained.

"I see.. It does sounds like magic, though. Do you have these things, you're taking about, with you right now?" (y/n) asked.

"Well, I do have the radio. Mum, would just always put it on my truck, but I kept telling her it won't work here. The signal here in Hogwarts is quite low, because we're in a mountainous area." Hermione said.

"Have tried using it here?" (y/n) asked

"Yes. In the common room, at Hagrid's, and in the Owlery tower." Hermione said.

"Can I see what it looks like?" (y/n) asked.

"Sure, I'll be back." Hermione said, then went down the tower.

Hermione went to the Gryffindor Common Room, then to her dorm. She searched for the radio in her trunk.

"Aha!" Hermione said, as she found it.

Hermione quickly ran out of the common room, then up to the Astronomy Tower.

"Here it is!" Hermione said, holding the radio up.

"Woah.. can you teach me how to use it?" (y/n) asked.

"It's easy. You stretch the antenna.. Then, you turn this to search for a channel." Hermione said.

"Why does it sound like that?" (y/n) asked, hearing a weird sound.

"Oh because it doen't have a signal. But let's try moving around to find one." Hermione said, as she stood up and walking very very slowly as she look for a signal.

"It thinks it's no use. It's impossible for Hogwarts to hav- wait!" Hermione said as she heard something coming.

Hermione walked to the balcony.

"-you take. Every move you make. Every bond you break. Every step you take. I'll be watching you."  A song from the radio came in.

"Aaahhhh!!! My favorite song! I mean.. It worked! Unbelievable." Hermione screamed.

"Woahh.." (y/n) wowed.

Hermione placed the radio down, while it plays quietly so no one, near the area, could hear it.

"(y/n) come sit here. I know now why it worked it. Because Astronomy Tower is a very tall tower. It's the tallest tower in Hogwarts. Maybe that's why it somehow worked here. The signal is very tricky you know. But we're lucky hahaha!" Hermione explained.

"You know, I don't fully understand these stuff. And I don't care. But the music is really nice." (y/n) said.

"Yeaa.. It plays the same music, every day, at the same time. So if you want to listen to a particular song, you should know when to." Hermione explained.

"I see.." (y/n) said, then layed down the floor, while listening to the music.

"Oh. Oh. This next song is a good one." Hermione excitedly said.

"Looking in your eyes I see a paradise
This world that I've found is too good to be true
Standing here beside you, want so much to give you
This love in my heart that I'm feeling for you.."

"Oh.. I like this song." (y/n) said.

"My dad likes this one too." Hermione said.

"Let 'em say we're crazy, I don't care about that
Put your hand in my hand baby don't ever look back
Let the world around us just fall apart
Baby we can make it if we're heart to heart

And we can build this thing together
Stand this stormy weather
Nothings gonna stop us now
And if this world runs out of lovers
We'll still have each other
Nothing's gonna stop us
Nothing's gonna stop us now."

"Hermione, I think I wanna join Muggle Music next year in our third year." (y/n) said.

"That will be nice. Do it." Hermione said.

"Yeaa.. Ok. I will." (y/n) said.

The girls just both listened calmy to the music.

"Say Hermione.. Can I borrow this thing tomorrow, again?" (y/n) asked.

"Sure. Actually.. you can have it. You might use it more than I do." Hermione said.

"Really? Are you sure?" (y/n) asked.

"Yes. I'm sure." Hermione said.

"Wow, thanks!" (y/n) said.

Suddenly, the radio stopped.

"No. What happened?" (y/n) asked.

"I think we just lost the signal." Hermione said.

"Ahww..." (y/n) frowned.

"Don't worry. You can try again tomorrow." Hermione said.

"Ok." (y/n) said.

"We should go back down too. It's almost dinner." Hermione suggested.

"Yeaa.. I'm quite hungry already." (y/n) said, holding her tummy.

"Let's go then." Hermione said, heading down first.

(y/n) followed.

Mum, Is muggle music one of the reason? It makes a little sense, why.. , (y/n) thought to herself while walking.

ㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡ

A/N:
I edited the Story Description to relate it more on the actual story. Cause you know.. the plot twist kept, twisting, and twisting hahahahah so yeah..