Chapter 105 - Third Task

[ SUPER SUPER LONG CHAPTER ;) ]

It's been a rough week for (y/n) as she prepare for the third task. Hermione and Harry had been helping her master hexes and jinx for the third task, along with Mad-Eye at some sessions. Draco would usually come rushing to where they are practicing with a Calming Draught, when (y/n) would get panic attacks. She would also had a breakdown because she remembers her mother teaching her spells back when she was around 8 or 9, and her late father who had always been a huge supporter of her.

The day everyone's been looking forward to has finally come. But firstly students had to finish one more test in the morning, before the final task begins in the evening. (y/n) barely had sleep, but luckily as a champion, she was exempted to their end-of-term exams.

She got out of bed very early and decided to go to the Great Hall for an early breakfast. As (y/n) entered the almost empty hall, she saw Marcus Flint at the Slytherin table, by himself with books and notes scattered in the table. He was so focus studying for his last NEWT. (y/n) sat beside him quietly so she wouldn't disturb him. But Marcus immediately noticed her anyway.

"Are you impressed?" Marcus asked, taking another bite of his nougat chunk, while flipping the page of his notes.

"Studying this early in the morning, 5:30 am, the sun had just rise, here in the empty great hall, while other students are still asleep." said (y/n), "Hmmm that's a very odd thing for a guy like you.. The Marcus I know wouldn't do this kind of thing, cause all he care is about quidditch.. So yes. I am impressed. You're a new man."

"Yea?" Marcus chuckled. "Well, I guess I am. I've been working hard to pass my NEWTS this year, I figured studying early in the morning is better the staying late at night. That way I remember the things I've just read."

"That's good.." (y/n) nod. "We haven't hang for so long, aye?"

"I know.. we both have been busy. My NEWTS. Your task. Goodness me your a celebrity now! I need to have your autograph." Marcus acted as if he's a super fan wanting an autograph, looking for a blank parchment for her sign.

"Don't be silly! I am not!" said (y/n) giving him back the parchment and his quill.

Marcus laughed at her. "Hahaha! I'm just messing with you."

The two stayed quiet for a little while. When Marcus suddenly broke the silence. "You know.. I am very proud of you. The triwizard task is not a joke. You've gone through so many things in life but still manage to stand tall. So many kids look up to you now."

"Geez.. I don't even realise that. I thought I was a silly and dramatic person." she realised. "I'm really proud of your huge improvements too."

"Well, what can I say.. You were right all along, NEWTS are important for future jobs. I mean I'm not getting young, so I have to take things seriously now." Marcus said