Chapter 8 - Falling Friendship

(y/n) tookher time table out of her pocket to check her next period.

Flying Lessons..

(y/n) grabbed her back and went out of the Great Hall. She is walking through the corridors to go to her flying class.

"(y/n), wait up!" someone called.

She turned to look who it was and saw Pansy running towards her.

"Let's go to class together." Pansy said.

"Oh.. okay." (y/n) replied.

The two walked to the class together. Pansy unconsciously walked over to Draco. Pansy was trying to get the two along.

(y/n) kind of felt awkward.

"Parkinson, why are you doing with this girl? Are you mad?" Draco asked.

"I'm trying to get you guys along." She replied.

"What?! I can't possibly be friends with this girl." Draco replied.

"I'm sorry, Pansy. I can't seem hang out with you, afterall." (y/n) said, and tried to walk away.

Pansy held (y/n) wrist to stop her.

"No, no, wait. Just stay here on this side. Don't mind about him." Pansy said.

"What are you thanking about, Parkinson? Just let her go. Why do you want to be friends with her anyway?" Draco asked.

"Hey! I can be friends to who ever I want. You're not the boss of me." Pansy said.

Draco was very annoyed, but didn't reply anymore.

(y/n) took a glance on Malfoy.

"For now I'll let this happen." Draco said, looking at (y/n).

"God Dammit, why are you still mad about it? That was just one time. When was it two weeks ago? Can you just forget about it?" (y/n) said.

"No! Until haven't humiliate you back." Draco replied.

"Are you for real? Isn't telling me that I don't have a mother enough to you? You're so pathetic." (y/n) replied.

Draco couldn't answer.

"'Don't you dare get more angry at me. I had enough of you. How foolish you don't know how to care about other people's feelings. You're so lucky you have a mum." (y/n) said, clenching her fist.

Both noticed everyone was looking, so they just quickly turn away from each other.

Soon, the first years walked near their brooms as Madam Hooch arrives.

"Good afternoon, class." Madam Hooch greeted.

"Good afternood, Madam Hooch." the first years replied.

"Welcome back to your flying class. Just as practiced, everyone, step up to the left side of their broomsticks. Come on, hurry up." Madam Hooch instructed.

They all quickly, do so.

"Stick you right hand over the broom, and say "up!'." Madam Hooch continued.

"Up!" everyone said.

All of their brooms flew up to their hands all together.

"Well done, everyone. This is a good improvement. Well done. Now, once you've got hold of your broom, I want you to mount it. Grip it thight. You don't wanna be sliding off the end. When I blow my whistle, I want each of you to kick off from the ground, hard. Keep you broom steady, hover for a moment then lean forward slightly and touch back down." Madam Hooch instructed.

"On my whistle. Three, two *whistle*" Madam Hooch blew.

Everyone followed the instruction careful and was successful.

"Well don, students. Especially to you Mr Longbottom. You have improved a lot." Madam Hooch applaused.

"Thank you, Professor." Neville thanked.

"Now, slightly lift off, few feet from the ground. Then, return to the ground if you have done it. If you think you fly further more, do so, and practice doing spin." Madam Hooch said.

As instructed, (y/n) flew a little bit higher and made few spins.

"Woah.. (y/n) you're good in flying. You should try out next year. I bet you'll make it to the team." Pansy said.

"Oh thanks. I might try out. It depends." (y/n) replied.

"How did you learn?" Pansy asked.

"My parents taught me. They used to be players. They fight a lot after each match, back in their years." (y/n) replied.

"Oh.. So it's in your blood, then. So, you should join the team." Pansy said.

"Yeah.. I guess so. It's quite dangerous though." (y/n) replied.

"I think you'll do fine." Pansy said.

Draco suddenly elbowed Pansy.

"Ahm.. Excuse us for a minute." Pansy told (y/n), then flew with Draco.

"What?" Pansy asked.

"Stop talking to her. Are you in his side or mine?" Draco whispered to Pansy.

"Seriously? Neither, Draco. Just mind your own business." Pansy asked.

"Really, Parkinson? You're just gonna throw away our friendship because of her?" Draco said.

"I'm not throwing any friendship here. I'm just being friendly. She only got few friends." Pansy said.

"So what?" Draco said.

"I just said. I'm just being friendly. Draco what has gotten in to you? Why are you like this?" Pansy worriedly asked with slight annoyance.

"What do you mean? You know me since we were young. I don't like being humiliated." Draco said.

"I know, but Draco, she's a broken girl. Why are you so mean to her?" Pansy asked.

"Malfoy, Parkinson. Focus on class, do 10 spins now." Madam Hooch ordered.

"Y-Yes, Ma'am." The two replied.

*sign* "I honestly don't know what to say anymore.. Talk to me if you've come to your realisation." Pansy said and flew away.

Draco was dumbfounded. He shook his head and practiced spinning.

Soon the class ended, then students returned to the ground and placed their brooms to where they were before.

(y/n) left the class with Pansy following her.

Draco was left with Crabbe and Goyle.

"Can you believe it boys, Parkinson's not hanging out with us anymore." Draco said.

"Yeah.. It's quite odd without her lecturing us all the time." Goyle said.

"It's kinda sad." Crabbe said.

"What are you boys talking about? Aren't you guys annoyed with that girl stealing our friend?" Draco said.

"Well, she is a girl, Malfoy. I honestly think it's for the better." Goyle said.

"What?! You think we should just let, Parkinson?" Draco asked.

"No, it's not like that. I mean, she's right. She's free to do things she want. But look in the bright side, she still keeps our friendship." Goyle said.

"Is it really Pansy you're angry about or the other girl?" Crabbe asked.

"Both." Draco replied.

"If I were you, I'll forget about what happened few weeks ago. Give her a chance. She is pretty though." Goyle said.

"Goyle! Are you serious?!" Draco said.

"Well.. Just let her be." Goyle said.

"And remember what aunty Narcissa said, don't argue with girls or they'll argue back. Girls doesn't stop." Crabbe reminded.

"Argg! You guys, are crazy too." Draco said and left the two.