Chapter 40 - Understandably Unready

Exams are coming. (y/n) went to the Astronomy Tower to study. She brought her cat, Coal for a companion and the radio Hermione gave her because she wanted to listen to music while studying.

"How do you... there." (y/n) said, trying to make it work and suddenly the music came.

(y/n) lowered the volume.

"Shall I stay? Would it be a sin, If I can't help falling in love with you?"

"Ok. Let's start." She said, then sat down to the floor.

She took her potion book out of her bag, then flip to the page she needs to study.

"Strengthening Posion gives the drinker immense strength. Main ingredients are salamanders blood and powdered griffin claw." (y/n) memorised.

"Meow.." Coal meowed while pulling (y/n)'s robes.

"Not now, Coal." (y/n) replied, then removed her robes from Coal's mouth.

"Swelling Potion cause whatever it touches to swell in size. Ingredients are.. bat spleen, dried nettles and puffer-" (y/n) tried to memoried but Coal pulled (y/n)'s robes again.

"Coal.." (y/n) warned.

"Take my hand, take my whole life too
For I can't help falling in love with you."

"(y/n)?"

All of a sudden, someone called her name coming from the stairs.

"Merlin's Beard! Adrian is coming." (y/n) was alarmed and quickly turn the radio off and put it in her bag.

"(y/n)?" Adrian called again, then stepped onto the last step, looked around and saw (y/n) putting something on her bag.

She saw Adrian who's finally up the tower.

"Hey.." (y/n) said.

"Oohh.. What do you got there?" Adrian said, walking over to her.

"It's nothing. My books. Yea! My books." (y/n) said as an excuse.

"Hmm.. weird. I thought I heard something." Adrian said.

"Oh. That was me singing." (y/n) lied.

Fudge.. Sorry for lying to you. I don't want you to let you know I'm using a muggle device. , (y/n) thought to herself.

"Singing?" Adrian asked.

He sat on the floor, beside (y/n).

"Can you sing for me then?" Adrian asked.

"Ahh.. No, I-I can't." (y/n) said.

"Why not? Come on." Adrian insisted.

"No.. I-I don't want to." (y/n) said.

"Then, I'll just have to look what's on your bag." Adrian said, taking her bag.

"No!" (y/n) said, pulling the bag back.

"What are you hiding? Haha! You are so bad at lying." Adrian said, pulling the bag to him.

"I am not. Take your hand of my bag." (y/n) said.

"Then, if your not hiding anything. Give it. I just wanna know what things are on your bag." Adrian said, still pulling the bag.

"Respect my privacy, will you!" (y/n) said.

Adrian stopped pulling and released his grip. (y/n) hugged her bag.

"I'm sorry." Adrian said.

"It's fine." (y/n) said.