Chapter 98 - Siren's Secret

At the lake shore, (y/n) asked for Hermione's help to breakdown the lines of the song according to the egg's description

At the lake shore, (y/n) asked for Hermione's help to breakdown the lines of the song according to the egg's description. She wrote it on a piece of parchment last night to remember it clearly.

"Come seek us where our voices sound, we cannot sing above the ground." Hermione began read. "That's obvious.. It's the merpeople. It has something to do with the black lake — An hour long you'll have to look, and to recover what we took." she continues to read. "Again that's obvious.. — but past an hour, the prospect's black. Too late, it's gone, it won't come back.. I'm very worried about this part, (y/n). Have you lost anything lately?"

"I don't know. Not that I could think of." she answered, then suddenly took a deep breath and hold it.

"Do you atleast got any plans?" Hermione asked.

(y/n) raised her hand as if she was saying 'wait.' After a minute, she burst and breathe as much oxygen she can. "Well.." she catch her breath again, "I'm practicing how to hold my breath for a long period of time."

"But, you would have to hold it a bit longer than that." Hermione worriedly said. "An hour, or more."

"I know. But relax, I can breathe underwater." she said.

"You can?"

"I'm a water snake remember?" said (y/n). "But, I am not sure how big is the size of the thing they've taken so.. If it's big then I would have to turn back into my human form and hold my breath to carry them and swim up quickly as possible. If I need to catch my breath, I'll just turn back into my animagus."

"Smart. But you have to be very careful about the merpeople. I've read about them and they're not.. that very pleasant." Hermione warned. "Though it depends on what kind. But here in Scotland, the have these so called Selkies. Trust me they are as horrible as their own appearances. And when I say horrible, I mean horrible."

"Don't worry. I'm aware.." she replied.

All of a sudden, (y/n)'s sight went all dark as someone covered her eyes with their hand. She held the hand to the shape and the skin type, then she knew who it was right away. "I know it's you." she said as she tries to remove the hand, but still, it wont let go. "Draco.." she groaned.

Draco laughed and let go of her face. When (y/n) turned to face him he pulled out flowers from his behind his back and said. "Happy Valentines Day!"

"Oh what?!" (y/n) dropped her jaw. "I thought no surprises."

Draco chuckled. "Can't help it. I want to see you smile." He kissed her cheek.

(y/n) was moved by his gesture. Her heart fluttered so she hugged him. "Thank you, love."

"No need to thank me." Draco kissed her forehead. "So, what were you guys doing?"