Chapter 63 - Past Processing

"Stand up. Come on now, sweety. One more time." (y/n)'s mother said.

"But mum... I'm tired. I don't wanna practice anymore. We've been doing this for two hours. Can we stop now
" the 6 years old (y/n), complaining

"Sweety.. Come on. Just one last practice." her mum insisted.

"I don't want to hurt you, mum." (y/n) said.

Her mum sat down sit her and hugged her.

"Oh sweetheart.. You won't hurt, mummy. It will just make me fall a little bit sleepy. If you do hurt me, I can bear it. Come on." her mother said.

"You're lying I know you get hurt very much.." (y/n) said.

*sigh* "Ok. How about.. we'll give it one more go, and I'll make your favorite jelly crystals, with.. extra milk and sugar." her mother said.

"Arg! You got me with jelly again!" (y/n) said.

"Well?" her mum offered her hand.

(y/n) took it and her mother helped her to stand up.

"Wand.." her mother said.

"Here." (y/n) took out her father's wand.

Her mother distance herself to (y/n) for few feets.

"Wands at the ready." her mother instructed.

(y/n) pointed the wand at her.

"On a count of three. One.... Two.... -" her mother counted.

"Stupefy!" (y/n) casted.

Her mother was knock back hard to their house fence. She fell down to the ground slightly unconscious.

"Mum?!" (y/n) rushed around their pool to her mother. "Mum, are you ok? I'm so sorry." she apologised.

"Yup. You did very well, sweetheart." her mother said, struggling to speak and get up.

"Can you get up?" (y/n) asked.

"Yes.. Mummy's strong remember?" her mother said.

(y/n) helped her get up.

"Now.. Let's go to the kitchen. I got a strawberry jelly to make." her mother said.

(y/n) assisted her to the kitchen.

She sat down on a high stool and layed her head on the table, while watching her mother prepare.

All of a sudden, someone held her shoulders from her side. She turned to look at the person.

"Professor Trelawney.." (y/n) was slightly startled as she came back to reality. She looked around and realised she was in the Divination classroom.

"Looking at the past are you?" Professor Trelawney guessed.

"I ah.. sort of." (y/n) answered.

"Crystal Gazing is looking through the future, my dear. The past wont answer the future. Now broaden your mind and open your inner eye." Professor Trelawney said and walked to a different table.

"Wrong.." (y/n) replied.

"I beg your pardon?" Professor Trelawney asked.

"The past does answers questions." (y/n) replied.

"What do you mean?" Pansy asked, who was sharing a table with (y/n).

"Well, let's just say the present makes the future and the pass answers it. If I pinch you now, I bet It'll hurt." (y/n) said then pinched Pansy.

"Aw!!" Pansy reacted.

"See.. Does it still hurt?" (y/n) asked.

"Of course." Pansy answered.

"Why does it hurt?" (y/n) asked.

"You just pinched me!" Pansy replied.

"Just.. It happened in a past. Do you guys get me?" (y/n) asked.

"Wait, so your point is?" Harry asked.

"My point is there are different ways to see the future." (y/n) answered.

"My dear.. That you are slightly correct, but actually, it's guesses what might happen in the future. Divination is deeper. It is not like you are planning what you want to eat tonight, or what clothes you will wear after class. What you are saying is, the present makes the future. It is true, but sometimes, things doesn't always happen the exact way you want it to be, because it might change. Because remember the present keeps becoming the past. So the real answer here, everyone, the future that will soon become your present makes your another future." Professor Trelayney explained.

"Ahmm.. Professor, can you kind of say it in a normal language?" Ron was confused.

"Alright then.. Mr Weasley, what shirt do you want to wear later." Professor Trelawney asked.

"Well, I'm thinking of the shirt I got on my birthday last year." Ron replied.

"But how can you garantee, you would wear it?" Professor Trelawney asked.

"Because I want to wear it." Ron replied.

"But what if someone spilled it with coffee later, or someone's cat destroys it. You couldn't wear it any more.. But.. but.. you don't know if that would actually happen. Am I right?" Professor Trelawney explained.

"Yeah. That's true." Ron realised.

"What I mean is, if you look in to the future, you will discover the exact things that remained the same and changed from your present. Divination gives you exact answers. Exact things that will happen." Professor Trelawney said.

"I see.." Pansy started to understand now.

Professor Trelawney walked over to (y/n) again. She wanted to talk to her privately.

"My dear, that was honestly impressive what you said earlier. I means you are broadening your mind, unlike the others." Professor Trelawney held her hand. "But your only problem is. You don't know everything. That is why you're looking on your past because you don't even understand your present." Professor Trelawney said.

(y/n) looked down.

"You are correct by the way. The pass answers questions. Questions you are currently asking in the present, to help you understand. Looking through the future is very hard, because you have to know everything little thing, even small details, from both the pass and the present." Professor Trelawney explained

"Yes. I get in now..." (y/n) replied.

"I understand your sufferings right now. Growing up not knowing everything. It's a lot to take in." Professor Trelawney said.

"Will I be okay, Professor? I-In the future, if you can look through me?" (y/n) hopefully asked.

"Throughout Divination.. It may not teach you how to look into the future, but it will help and give you time to look through your past for answers. Get those answers and you will know what to do. I believe you'll be okay." Professor Trelawney replied.

"Alright. That's good. Thank you, professor." (y/n) thanked.

"Everything has a reason." Professor Trelawney said then walked on a different table.

"(y/n), (y/n). I feel like I'm getting something." Pansy was holding the crystal ball with her eyes close. "Oh no wait.. there's nothing, this is useless." she said as she open her eyes back and sat back.

(y/n) chuckled.

ㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡ

A/N:
First of all.
THANK YOU FOR 2.2K READS!
I LOVE YOU ALL 💚

I honestly broadened my mind to write this chapter. Damn, I'm sorry guys are very confused. I exerted all my understandings to explain every piece of of it. RIP me cause I don't have any references. I mean, I can understand the past, present and future, well but it's so hard to explain. My minds gonna explode, damn.
Alrighty then.. I hope I've broaden other people's mind.

Question of the Day:
Tessomancy or Crystal-Gazing?