Chapter 87 - Cruel Curses

The 4th years began their first day with Defence Against The Dark Arts. In front of the room was Alastor 'Mad-Eye' Moody.

"What happened to Lupin?" Ron whispered to Harry.

"Dad said he resigned at Hogwarts. You guys know why. Remus can't control himself sometimes. It can be dangerous to the students." Harry replied.

"Enough talking!" the teacher startled everyone. "Now.. let me introduce myself. I am.. Alastor Moody, ex-Auror, ministry malcontent, and your new Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher.. I'm here because Dumbledore asked me. End of story, goodbye, the end.. Any questions?" he looked around the class.

 Any questions?" he looked around the class

No one responded nor move any muscle.

"I am sure everyone's waiting for the decision made for the Triwizard Tounament.." Mad-Eye said that made everyone payed attention carefully. "Unfortunately, still, not all years can't join.." the students faces became disappointed. "But you guys are lucky because it has been decided that's it's now 14 years of age and above." he said.

"Yes!" From a dissapointed look, the 4th years' faces switched to excitement.

"Alright, stop! Stop.. Since we're talking about a competition, you would have to know what spells you may use. When it comes to the dark arts, I believe in a practical approach. But first, which of you can tell me how many Unforgivable Curses there are?" Mad-Eye asked.

"Three, sir." Hermione nervously call out.

"And they are so named?" Moody asked while writing on the board.

"Because they are unforgivable." Hermione nervously continued. "The use of any one of them will—"

"Will earn you a one-way ticket to Azkaban. Correct!" Moody aggressively write on the board. "Now the ministry says you're too young to see what these curses do. I say different! You need to know what you're up against! You need to be prepared!" said Mad-Eye, writing on the board. "You need to find another place to put your chewing gum besides the underside of your desk, Mr Finnigan!" he shouted as he saw Seamus through his magical eyeglass.

"Arg, no way.. The old codger can see out the back of his head." Seamus whispered to his classmates around him.

Mad-Eye suddenly threw the chalk towards him. "And hear across classrooms!" he added.

Every student became more nervous.

"So.. which curse shall we see first?" he asked and then call out "Weasley!"

"Y-Yes?" Ron nervous responded.

"Stand." he ordered.

Ron slowly stood up from his chair.

"Give us a curse." Mad-Eye asked for.

"Well, my dad did tell me about one. The Imperius Curse." Ron said.