Chapter 17 - Curiously Confused

It was Saturday and (y/n) was lying on her bed with nothing to do. She kept on rolling around trying to think what to do and make the day productive.

Arggg!! So bored! Kill me now.

"Meow." Coal meowed, and jumped over to her. He curled up to her tummy attempting to sleep.

*sigh* "I'm getting more sleepy just by laying down here to be honest. But! I can't sleep. I wanna do something." (y/n) said, and moved Coal away as she sat up her bed.

Sleeping is the best way to kill boredom though... But, arggg.. Nevermind. I'll just walk around and explore the castle, to wake myself up. Well, don't not a bad idea after all.

"Coal, do you wanna come with me and explore the castle?" (y/n) asked her cat.

Coal just curled to himself on the pillow and took a nap.

"Damn, this sleepy head. Alright, I'll be back later." (y/n) said.

She went out of her dorm and walked down the stairs. (y/n) left the Slytherin common room and began her journey.

She walked through the dungeon and decided to check every door she sees, with or without people in.

Here's the Potion classroom. I am not going there. Oops. Specially here, Professor Snape's office. Errr.. Better not disturb that man.

(y/n) exits of the dungeon and went to the moving stair cases. She headed to the fifth floor and decided to pass by the Hospital Wing.

Madam Pomfrey was outside the Infirmary, writing something on her desk.

"Hi..." (y/n) greeted.

Madam Pomfrey looked at her.

"Hello. You seem to be up to something." Madam Pomfrey said.

"Just exploring. I honestly haven't gone on some places around the castle. Might as well go to where me feet leads me." (y/n) replied.

"We'll then make sure you wont go to restricted areas, alright?" Madam Pomfrey reminded.

"Yes, Ma'am. Goodbye." (y/n) said then start to walk again.

"Goodbye." Madam Pomfrey replied.

While strolling through the corridor, (y/n) saw another door.

Hmm.. What room is this? Is this the prefect's bathroom? Most likey.. Hmm.. What if I go in? Can I though?

(y/n) looked around the hall and checked if there's people near her distance.

The coast is clear.. Hmm, let's see.. Huh? Wait there's no lock. It won't push, either. But, perhaps Alohomora can help.

She took her wand out of her jumper's pockets and pointed at the door.

"Alohomora." (y/n) whispered.

She tried to push the door again but it wont.

There's no use. The door won't really open. I reckon it can only be open by a password. *sigh* What I shame. I'm so curious to see what the inside looks like.

All of a sudden the door opened. Assuming the spell worked, (y/n) got excited. Expecting to see the bathroom's view, she was a familiar boy who seem to just finished taking a bath because of his wet hair.

"(y/n)?" he reacted.

"M-Marcus?" (y/n) also reacted.

The atmosphere felt very awkward.

(y/n) ran away and exits the fifth floor through the Grand Staircase. She looked back her path and saw Marcus following. She panicked and climb up to the sixth and then to the seventh floor. (y/n) walked fast through the corridor.

Holy pink macaroons! This is so embarrassing. Ahh! Where should I go? I shoukd hide. Fudge! Where? Ahh... a room! Was that there earlier? Err nevermind! Hide now, (y/n).

She ran to the door, opened it and went in. (y/n) leaned on the door and slid down, catching her breath.

That.. was so.. close. Damn, I'm so weird.

(y/n) looked around the room.

What is this room? It's quite.. dusty. It seems like this is where they out the old desks.. Holy sweet corn flakes gaaaah! This black sheet just startled me. I thought it was you-know-who. That guy. *sigh* So what is under this black sheet anyway. Damn, my curiosities.

(y/n) pulled the sheet.

Oh my. Arg! *sigh* It's just your reflection. Chill, girl. Chill.

She red the words that was writen above the ornate mirror.

'Erised stra ehru oyt ube cafru oyt on wohsi' .. What kind of language is that?

(y/n) looked back at her reflection. She suddenly saw her mum behind her.

"Merlin's beard!" (y/n) screamed and looked behind her if her mother was there, but she wasn't.

She looked back on the mirror and saw her mother, so she once again turned back.

"Oh my goodness. Mum, this you just died? Why are you haunting me?!" (y/n) said, with tears starting to form on her eyes.

Her mother shook her head saying no. She slowly walked over to her daughter. (y/n) got a bit nervous. Her mother suddenly brushed her hair softly and hugged her. (y/n)'s tears started to fall down from her eyes.

"Goodness me, mum. I hate you." (y/n) said as she cry and sobbed.

Her mother wiped her tears in the reflection and hugged her more tight.

That kind of mirror is this? Why is it showing this? My heart.. it aches. My mum is reflectively hugging me right now. I.. I..

(y/n) wiped her tears and took the black sheet, then covered the mirror back as they were before. She looked for the exit and walked out the door.

Fudge.. this is stressful.

(y/n) took a shortcut staircase from the seventh floor to the dungeon. She walked back to the Slytherin common room.

As soon as she entered she noticed Marcus from the sofa. He stood up and was about say something but he kept it when he saw (y/n) looking very cold.

(y/n) ignored Marcus and went back up to her dorm. She jumped on to her bed and layed down.

"Meow..." her cat meowed.

"Oh, Coal.. You wouldn't believe what just happened earlier." (y/n) said looking up the sealing.