17. The end of us

I pulled the covers further up my body just wanting to disappear. The sound of my phone ringing didn't pull me out of my bed. They could wait.

I didn't want to talk to anyone at the moment. After my talk with Zach I felt better until we went our separate ways and I let my mind run wild. The memories of my past seemed to just rush in all at once and I didn't want to think about any of it.

I let the silence of my room slowly drift me back to sleep but I was yet again interrupted by the sound of my phone.

I groaned and shoved my face further into my pillow. Can't they just get the message? I didn't want to talk.

When the silence finally returned I closed my eyes and just prayed I'd be able to find sleep again.

I had just barely started to enjoy the peace when there was a loud knock on my door and my bedroom door swung open.

I peered out of my covers to see Jackson standing in my doorway.

"There is someone downstairs for you, I would send them up but I figured you looked like that."

"Who is it?" I asked ignoring his comment on my appearance.

"How the hell am I supposed to know I didn't ask his name." My brother shrugged.

"His?" I thought out loud.

There was two possible options, Zach or Trevor or maybe both.

"It's that guy you're doing a project with." He said.

Trevor. Of course.

He could have called or texted or something.

It was in that moment that I realized he probably did. Stupid bed making me too comfortable to check my phone. I looked like a dead person and this is how I had to present myself to Trevor, the guy I definitely had feelings for. Just fantastic.

"I'll be down in like five minutes." I told Jack.

I crawled out of bed and Jack raised his eyebrows at me.

"I'd probably make it ten." He joked.

I grabbed one of my pillows and threw it at him.

"Chill." He laughed and walked out of my room.

"Thanks for closing my door." I shouted, staring at the door that was still wide open.

"You're welcome." He yelled back.

I walked over and closed the door myself and went to fix my look. There wasn't much I could do with my hair so I pulled it up into a pony tail. I changed out of my night shirt and short shorts and into a pair of leggings and a pull over sweatshirt. I looked comfortable and lazy but a little less dead. This would have to do for now.

I walked down the stairs to see Trevor sitting on my living room couch.

"Hey." I said causing him to turn around.

"Hey." He smiled.

"What are you doing here?" I asked not really knowing what else to say.

"I called you but you didn't answer."

"I'm sorry about that." I told him.

"It's fine I figured we still needed to finish the project and since you didn't come by yesterday I figured I'd come over today and just get it done."

I totally forgot that I had never told Trevor I wasn't going to come over to finish the project. I had been showing up to his house everyday last week but Friday was just a mess for me and I stayed in bed all day.

"Sorry I meant to text you that I wasn't going to come over but it slipped my mind."

"You don't need to apologize, Zach told me you left school early so I figured you were busy and I didn't want to bother you."

"Well I guess we should finish the project then." I said.

I wanted to talk to Trevor about everything and just tell him everything I've been keeping a secret but I wasn't ready for that yet. I just needed to take things slowly.

"Well I kinda did most of it, all you have to do is read through it and make sure there are no parts you want to make changes to." He told me.

"What? Why? You didn't need to do that."

I felt like such a shitty partner right now. I hated when I didn't contribute enough to group projects. I wanted to be a good group member.

"I wanted to, and I had a lot of time since I'm home all day. My parents were nice enough to not force me do things around the house so I had the whole day to just do the project."

"Thank you so I guess I'll just look through the project and then we are officially done and I don't have to hang out with you anymore."

"You're insane if you think this means the end of us." He laughed.

"Damn I really thought it would be that easy." I joked.

"You'll never be able to get rid of me Ella." He grinned.

His words meant more to me than he even knew. I liked knowing he was here. I was so used to everyone letting me down and turning their backs on me. Those words meant everything to me. I just hoped he meant them.

"I talked to Caitlynn, that's what made me leave school yesterday."

I thought it would be better if he knew.

"I'm guessing it didn't go well, do you want to talk about it?" He asked.

I didn't want to talk about most of it. I wasn't ready to dive into my past with anyone yet.

"I just wish that things were different. I keep expecting that she's just going to call me and it's going to be Caitlynn my best friend not this girl I barely recognize."

"I wish I was better at giving out advice. I got two working ears so I'm here if you need someone to listen but I can't guarantee any sort of help." Trevor sighed.

"Thank you Trevor." I smiled.

Even if he didn't know what to say all the time it was nice to have someone that will listen to you if you need someone to talk to.

A/n:

I am so happy with this story and the all around support I am getting from you guys. Every comment and vote just makes me more excited to put out the next chapter. I am so happy that I figured out a schedule where I can post twice a week because I love being able to share more of this story faster.

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and if you did don't forget to comment and vote.

-cora Leigh