23. She's riding with me

"Anna's?" I asked Caitlynn when I reached her locker.

"Do you even have to ask?" She laughed.

I didn't.

"It's been too long since I got my much needed dose of ice cream." I told her.

"Amen. You want to see if the boys want to join?" She questioned.

"You sure?"

I was wary of this. I didn't want to start another argument between us.

"Yeah, I don't really know Trevor and Zach that well. All they know me as is Tyler's girlfriend so I want to change that." She nodded.

"Ok I'll ask." I grinned.

"Besides I was hoping that you were free Friday, I wanted to know if you wanted to come over and we can have some time just the two of us." She said.

"I'd love to." I agreed.

The bell rang and it was time for both of us to get to class.

"I'll see you later." She waved.

"See you." I waved back and went on my way.

I walked out with Trevor and Zach. It didn't take long for Caitlynn to run over to us.

"I need this." Caitlynn confessed.

"Why?" Zach asked.

"My stupid math teacher decided it was a good idea to give me a pop quiz." She frowned.

"Damn that's the worst, I have a huge essay due tomorrow for English and I think I need some ice cream to get my brain working again." Zach joked.

"Enough about school lets get some ice cream." I cut their conversation short.

"Ok come on Ella let's go." Caitlynn grabbed my hand.

"Nope, she's riding with me. You can get a ride from Zach. It makes more sense to only take two cars." Trevor spoke.

Caitlynn stares at him for a second before nodding.

We all filed into the cars and pulled out of the lot.

"Can I?" I pointed to the stereo.

"Go ahead." Trevor nodded.

I plugged my phone into the aux and pressed play on my go to playlist.

I bopped my head along to the song for about ten seconds before it was turned off.

"What the hell? You said I could play music." I frowned.

"Yeah but that's was before I found out you have terrible taste in music." He shook his head.

"You just don't have as advanced ears as I do and can't recognize greatness." I turned the music back on.

"I am not listening to this in my car." He turned it off again.

"You are so obnoxious."

"And you have shitty taste in music." He said.

"Do not." I argued.

"Do to."

I almost answered but that's when I realized how dumb we sounded. I turned and looked out of the window as we pulled into Anna's.

"We're here." Trevor told me.

"Thanks captain obvious." I sassed.

"You have a serious problem." He shook his head.