21. Surprise!

I raised my hand and knocked on the door. It seemed like forever before it swung open and Trevor stood there smiling.

"Hey." He greeted.

"Hey." I smiled.

"Come in, my mom is being... my mom and it's kind of chaotic but we should be leaving soon." He explained.

I stepped into the apartment.

The silence only lasted for about a second before Trevor's dad walked out of his room.

"It's going to be a little longer." He sighed.

"I hope you know Laney will kill you if you guys are late." Trevor said.

"I know but your mother is trying to find something to match her jeans. I suggested that she wear that blue shirt she wore on her birthday but now she is determined to wear anything but that."

"You should know by now how stubborn mom is." Trevor shook his head.

"It's just another reason I love her." He grinned.

I smiled, Trevor's parents were seriously the cutest. Their love was undeniable. I wished my parents had that same spark.

"You need to fix this before Laney goes crazy." Trevor pushed his dad back towards his parents bedroom.

"I'll get her out here in five minutes tops. We won't be late." He said and walked back from where he came.

"Sorry about that, I think my dad does this on purpose sometimes." Trevor laughed.

"You're parents are seriously amazing." I commented.

"They really are." He agreed.

"Don't rush me!" Trevor's mom snapped as she walked out of her room.

"We cannot be late." Her husband reminded her.

"Yeah I know you've only told me like twenty times in the last five minutes." She sighed.

"I love you." He smiled at his wife.

"You better." She said and went off to grab her bag.

Trevor's dad chuckled as he watched his wife.

Once everyone was ready we all headed out. It felt more than amazing to be going somewhere as a family even if it wasn't with my family.

"You ready?" Trevor asked before he pushed the door open.

I nodded.

I was beyond ready. I could barely contain my excitement, just the thought of being able to be around the people Trevor called family made my heart swell.

He pushed the door open to utter chaos.

"That's not right!" A women yelled at a man that looked just like her.

"How can streamers be wrong?" The man sighed.

"Get down and let me do it." She basically yanked the man off of the step stool and marched up herself.

"That's Laney and her twin Dario." Trevor said softly to me.

"Oh you guys are here!" Dario exclaimed when he noticed us.