25. Giraffe arms

Trevor's POV-

I second I saw her walk into the room a smile lit up my face. I hadn't really been able to see her that much over the weekend so I planned on spending the rest of the day with her once we got through this stupid class.

"Stop looking at me like that." She said when she sat down next to me.

"Like what?" I chuckled.

"With those eyes." She let out a frustrated sigh.

"Hate to break it to you but you are supposed to look at people with your eyes." I teased.

She rolled her eyes at me. She looked so cute when she was annoyed. I just wanted to kiss her but I knew she'd slap me if I tried in the middle of the classroom.

"You know what I am not going to deal with you." She got up and moved to the seat Zach usually sat in.

I laughed as she sat one seat away from me. I slid into the seat she was just occupying.

"We are playing musical chairs now?" I looked up to Zach grinning down at us.

"No Trevor's just being annoying. He keeps giving me those eyes and I am trying to focus but he won't stop." Ella complained.

"One I was not giving you eyes, I was just looking at you. Two the class hasn't even started there is no need for you to focus right now." I told her.

"You were definitely giving her eyes." Zach sided with Ella.

"See." She gave me a pointed look.

"It's not my fault you look really good today." I shrugged.

Ella's face turned pink.

"Am I going to have to listen to you two flirt for the next hour?" Zach groaned.

"It's better than having to watch you try to play baseball." I retorted.

"It's not my fault I had a bad teacher." Zach shot back.

"I was not a bad teacher. You just wish you were as good as me."

"And who is on the high school team?" Zach raised his eyebrows at me.

"I'm going to smack you." I glared.

"Guys shut up class is starting." Ella smacked my arm.

"Why did you only smack my arm?" I rubbed the spot she hit.

"Does it look like I have giraffe arms? How the hell am I supposed to reach Zach?"

"Don't giraffes have long necks not arms?" Zach questioned.

I tried to hold in a laugh when Ella glared at him and slammed her notebook on her desk.

This girl was seriously something else.

We walked side by side through the hallway. I watched her hand swing slightly besides her. I just wanted to hold it but I didn't want to rush anything. I didn't really know how she was feeling about things and I didn't want to try to rush a relationship if that wasn't what she wanted. I definitely wasn't going to grab her hand in the middle of the hallway in front of everyone. I knew the attention and assumptions that would come with that. If she didn't want that I would wait until she did.

"I'll meet you there?" She asked me.

"Yeah." I nodded and watched as she walked off to her car.

I pulled into the parking lot of the pizza place right after she did.

"Hey." She smiled over we were both sitting in the restaurant.

"Hey." I grinned.

It felt nice to be alone with her without any other people butting into our conversations.

"I feel like we haven't had any alone time since-,"

"Since we kissed? Yeah. I like this." I interrupted.

"Thanks for interrupting me." She narrowed her eyes at me.

"Can we like actually talk for a second?" I asked her.

I had noticed Ella pull away from me and I didn't know if it was just in my head since we didn't really have the opportunity to see each other much but I felt like these past couple days have been different.

"Yeah what did you want to talk about?" She questioned.

"I feel like you've been acting different and kind of off with me and I just wanted to see what was up." I reached out and grabbed her hand.

It felt nice to have some type of contact and just hold her hand. I wanted more, so much more but this was enough for now.

"I don't like not knowing what's going on inside your head." She said not really acknowledging what I said.

"I could tell you." I offered.

She smiled and nodded.

"I'm thinking about how beautiful you are and how lucky I am to be here with you." I watched as she blushed.

I loved seeing her face turn red as she tried to unsuccessfully hide her face behind her short black hair.

"Trevor what are we doing? It's been stressing me out. I have no clue what this is. We kissed and we both admitted our feelings but now it's just some weird limbo that I hate. I don't know what to call you and I don't know what you are thinking ever. I want to be on the same page." She confessed.

This is what I wanted to hear. I just wanted her to tell me what was going on in her head. I knew she had been holding some things in so it was refreshing to finally hear those thoughts.

"I want you to be my girlfriend Ella. I didn't know what you wanted and I didn't want to try and rush you into something. I should have talked to you about it and actually got your thoughts on it before I just assumed what you would say."

"Well I want you to be my boyfriend too." She grinned.

"Ella Winters will you be my girlfriend?" I chuckled at how cheesy that sounded.

"Yes."

This girl was something special and I knew that I didn't want to let her go after this. She was going to be stuck with me whether she liked it or not.

A/n:

I am officially done with my first year of college. It seems crazy that I'm on summer break and I don't have any more exams or classes. I am so happy to finally have a break though, and finally get some sleep.

Anyways I hope you enjoyed this chapter and if you did don't forget to comment and vote.

-cora Leigh