Epilogue

"Where the hell are you?" The voice shouted at me from the other end of the phone.

"New York?" I answered.

"What!?! You should be home by now. We had plans." They shrieked.

"I'll be back, I got caught up with my dad." I explained.

"It's your anniversary and we were supposed to spend it together. Do you really want to spend it on the train?"

"Caitlynn how many times have I told you that I'm fine with spending my anniversary alone?" I sighed.

"You absolutely cannot do that." She argued.

"Yes I can. I'll be back in a couple hours."

"Text me? I'll come over and we can watch a movie or something?" She offered.

"Sure let's do that." I nodded.

I appreciated Caitlynn for trying to make sure I didn't feel lonely on this day but I couldn't help it. It was my wedding anniversary. I've been married for one year and I was going to be alone. I couldn't be mad but I just wished I could talk to him at least.

He'd make it up to me.

"Shoot ok I have to go." There was noise on the other side of the line.

"Where are you?" I questioned.

"At Zach's." She answered.

"Tell him and James I said hi."

"I will, see you later." With that she hung up.

I smiled when I thought about Zach. He came out as bisexual and met James his freshman year of college. They have been together ever since. They seem happy and I couldn't think of anyone that deserves it more than Zach.

I thought that Zach wouldn't recover from the death of his mom but James stood by him and pulled him out of it and now he's going to school to be a physical therapist.

I stand at the train station waiting for my train to arrive. All I wanted was to curl up in bed and just sleep the day away. I was exhausted from the day with my dad but Caitlynn was so insistent on making sure I was ok and seeing me.

She knew me better than most and she knew that this day was not going to be easy. It's hard to have to go through your wedding anniversary without your husband there by your side. I just wanted him home and here with me.

When I get off the train I shoot a quick text to Caitlynn that I was on my way home and that she could stop by in like twenty minutes.

My car was just where I left it and started the drive home. I lived in a small apartment, I couldn't afford much on my teachers salary but it worked.

I changed into a pair of comfy pants and a sweater and heated up leftovers from the night before. I was going for a lazy evening. Caitlynn was just going to have to deal with this. It was really the best I could do.

The knock on my door signaled that she was here.

"Coming!" I yelled.

I walked towards the front door, I did t even bother to look through the peephole and swung the door open.

I froze in my spot. It was not caitlynn on the other side of the door.

"Hey babe." His voice stunned me.

This had to be a dream. Had I fallen asleep on the sofa? On the train?

I pinched myself just in case but there he was still standing in front of me.

He was actually here. Once that processed I sprang into action. I leaned into his arms and he caught me effortlessly.

"What are you doing here?" I questioned.

"You really think I'd miss our anniversary?" He chuckled.

"I love you." I squeezed him tighter.

"I love you too."

I didn't want to let him go. Trevor, my Trevor was here in front of me. This was seriously unreal.

"Are you going to let me go? You're going to kill me." He laughed.

My death grip on him loosened and I let my feet touch the ground again.

"Have I ever told you you look sexy in uniform?" I smiled up at him.

"Maybe a couple times." He grinned and leaned down to kiss me.

I did even hesitate and smashed my lips against his. I missed the feeling of his lips on mine. I missed everything about him.

"I missed you." He whispered.

"I missed you too."

We just stood in our living room in each other's arms for a second.

"Happy anniversary." The words floated through the air.

It had really already been a year. Our wedding was small, we only had close family and some friends there but it was perfect. I had married the love of life and it was the best day of my life.

"Happy anniversary Trevor."

He cupped my cheeks and pulled me into another kiss.

I couldn't even put into words how much I missed this man. I couldn't imagine my life any other way. He is my everything and I want to spend the rest of my life with him.

"I've dreamed about this moment for so long. All I wanted was for you to be in my arms again." He pulled me closer to him.

"Dreamed?" I raised my eyebrows at him.

"Every night." He nodded.

"What kind of dreams?" I teased.

"Very good ones." His eyes sparkled.

"Do tell." I ran my hands up his arms.

"How about I just show you?" His own hands roamed my body frantically.

It was something we were both craving. It had been awhile and all I wanted to do was be close to him.

I couldn't take the banter. I pulled him down to me and kissed him again. The passion flooded into the kiss. We both knew where this was going and I was more than excited.

My love, my husband, my life was here with me.

I got lost in the kiss, my mind was so focused on him I forgot everything else.

He pulled back and looked at me for a second.

"You smell that?" He questioned.

It took a second for me to even process what he said.

"What?" I shook my head.

"I think something is burning." He looked towards the kitchen.

"My food!" I sprang away from him and raced to the kitchen.

I pulled the left overs out of the oven and sure enough they were quite burnt.

"Damnit." I sighed.

Trevor walked in and laughed at the disaster that was my dinner.

"You want to order something?" He asked.

"Maybe later." I shook my head.

I smiled as he pulled me back into his arms and led me to the bedroom.

A/n:

And it's officially done!! Wow it seems so crazy that this story is complete. I hope you all liked it and if I get around to it I'll be posting any bonus chapters in my collection of bonus chapters called And The Adventure Continues.

Comment and vote!!

-Cora Leigh