48. Nice views

"He's hot, but I wouldn't say he's destroy my life kind of hot though." Caitlynn sighed.

"Definitely not that hot, but I'd let him destroy me for a night or two." Amy laughed.

"I think I love you." Cait chuckled.

"Best girls trip ever." Amy closed her eyes and let the sun soak into her skin.

We were all currently laying out on the beach. Trevor and Zach were in the water and me, Amy and Caitlynn were tanning and looking at the eye candy. Well Amy and Caitlynn were, my eyes were focused on a certain brunette shoving his best friend into a wave.

"Now I'd let her destroy my life." Amy watched as a girl with short platinum blonde hair ran past us chasing a frisbee her friend had thrown.

"I think I want a summer fling." Caitlynn blurted out.

"You know it's not summer right?" I questioned.

"Yeah but I figured it will take me that long anyway to find a worthy candidate." She shrugged.

"I think that's a great idea." Amy agreed.

"I am already seeing some possibilities." She scanned the beach.

"I'll help," Amy followed her lead and started the hunt.

The sun beat heavily on my back and rolled over so I was facing the sky.

"Just because you have a boyfriend doesn't mean you can't look." Cait nudged me.

"I look." I defended.

I didn't, I didn't think I needed to but for some reason I felt like telling her I did. I didn't want to feel completely left out of the conversation and the overall fun of the girls trip.

"Staring at your shirtless boyfriend doesn't count as looking but I will admit it is a nice view." She laughed as she finished her sentence.

I just picked up the shirt I had since deposited next to me on my towel and threw it at her.

"You know I'm joking." She blew me a kiss from the spot she was laying on and went back to surveying the beach.

I just laid there and focused to the sound of the waves and the seagulls as the circled threw the air. I blocked out the conversation Amy and Caitlynn were having about a group of guys that were playing beach volleyball further up the beach and just let my body relax.

The feeling of wetness dripping onto my face caused me to open my eyes. Trevor was standing above me, the salt water rolling off of him.

"You're getting me wet." I complained.

He just raised his eyebrows at me.

"Not like that you idiot." I rolled my eyes.

He just chuckled and rolled his towel out next to mine.

"How's tanning going?" He asked.

"Great until you interrupted me." I shot back.

"Harsh." He frowned.

"If you guys are going to do this whole weird flirting thing I think I'm going to move my blanket to escape suffocating in your sexual tension." Amy groaned and stood up.

"Don't leave me here to be the third wheel." My best friend yelled and stood up.

"You know all this laying in the sun has probably gotten you all hot." Trevor's eyes raked over my body.

"I don't exactly know what you are trying to get at but my answer is no." I close my eyes deciding it was better to just try to enjoy the feeling of the sun against my skin.

"I think you might need to cool off." I could see the stupid grin on his face already, I didn't have to see him to know it was there.

"I'd think twice before you did anything irrational." I warned him.

I knew now what he wanted and he wasn't going to get his wish. If he did then he was going to have a miserable rest of the day when I am avoiding him like the Black Plague.

"I am thinking very clearly." I felt his cold wet hands before I could even try to get away from him.

I was in the air before I could even fight my way out of his grip and I was over his shoulder before I could yell at him to put me down.

"You are so dead Walker, like six feet under, wooden casket dead." I threatened as he walked down the beach.

"It'll be worth it."

I can trust him that it will not be. Before he could even reach the ocean I was already plotting the ways I was going to get him back for this.

"If you turn around right now I might spare you." I tried to bargain.

"You would never hurt me."

He seemed to confident, I'd be happy to prove him wrong.

"Try me." I smacked his bare back with my fist hoping he gets the message that I was not messing around.

"Time for a swim." He dropped me into the cold salty water.

I stood up, letting the water roll down my body.

"I hate you." I narrowed my eyes at my boyfriend.

He gave me a wide grin and just laughed.

"I'll get my revenge, don't you worry." I marched out of the ocean and back towards the blanket where the rest of my friends were watching and laughing at the whole encounter.

I looked at Caitlynn and saw that evil smile spread across her face.

"It's so on." I nodded with determination.

We all walked into a small eating establishment that was right next to the beach. Their specialty was fried food, none of us were complaining.

Caitlynn and Amy both got wraps, Zach and Trevor got pizza and I got chicken tenders. We all pitched in to get a basket of fries and a basket of onion rings for the table.

"So what do you all want to do tonight?" Zach questioned.

"I think we should go out, there has got to be something to do around here." Caitlynn replied.

"I second that, I don't want to be cooped up in that house with you guys for another night." Amy agreed.

Trevor looked around the restaurant for a second before standing up.

"I'll be back." He walked off towards the group of kids around our age.

When he starts to walk back toward us he has got a flyer in his hands.

He smacked the paper down in front of me.

"You in?" He asked me.

I read the bold text one last time. I guess now was my chance, if I ever wanted to share my singing abilities an open mic night in a place I rarely go seems like the best option.

I nodded.

"This is going to be so fun! If I don't find a hot musician tonight I am going to be super disappointed." Caitlynn bouncing in her seat.

Hopefully it would be a fun night.

A/n:

It's getting close to the end and I don't know if I'm ready. I still have some chapters to write but I don't want to. I don't want to finish this story just yet. I love these characters and I don't know if I'm ready to part with them.

Anyways I hope you enjoyed this chapter and are excited for the next one!! If you did enjoy this chapter don't forget to comment and vote.

-Cora Leigh