29. I dont have a cat

I let my finger hover over the contact name. I knew I had to talk to him at some point. I just had to rip the bandage off and do it.

"Hello?" I could hear the exhaustion in his voice.

"Hey how's the hangover?" I asked

"I've had worse."

"Of course you have." I muttered.

He either didn't hear my remark or he chose not to say anything to it. I was kinda happy he didn't acknowledge it. I didn't want to fight with him but I knew that this wouldn't just go smoothly.

"Can we meet up and talk?" I questioned.

"Yeah you want to come over? My parents left for the weekend to visit Dario and Rolland in New York." He offered.

I thought about the girl passed out in my bed and hesitated.

"Can we do lunch? I still have Caitlynn upstairs."

"Yeah I'll cook something up."

"Trevor you don't have to do that."

"But I want to."

I sighed. He was making it hard to stay mad at him. I wanted to forget the events of last night but the scene was repeating over and over in my head.

"I'll see you in a couple hours."

"See you then." I hung up.

I sat at my kitchen table and just let my mind go. I didn't want to be that girlfriend that told her boyfriend to not get into fights and control his temper but I couldn't just sit back and watch him snap like that.

"Why did you let me drink that much." Cait groaned when she joined me downstairs.

"Eat," I pushed the plate of food towards her.

"I need an Advil." She shook her head.

"Right here." I paused her the bottle.

"You're an angel." She smiled and down the pills.

I smiled back at her. I tried to tell myself that last night was ok. That Trevor did this for a good reason but I couldn't ignore the fact that he always seemed to go too far. He didn't have any sense of control when he got mad.

"Why do you look like someone told you your cat died?" My best friend asked.

"I don't have a cat."

"Don't avoid the question." She shook her head.

"I just don't know what to do. I hate seeing Trevor snap like that. I don't want to fight with him but I don't know how I am supposed to react to this."

"How you react to it is your business but I think you shouldn't get mad at him. He was just stepping in to protect me. That's what he does but if you have feelings about that I don't think you should suppress them."

"Caitlynn I am more than thankful for what he did for you but I just feel like he always goes too far. He could have pushed Tyler off of you but he didn't need to beat his face until it was bloody."

"If that's how you feel then that's how you feel." She shrugged.

"If you have something to say just say it." I could tell she was holding something back.

It was like she wanted to put her own two cents in but was scared at how I was going to react.

"I just don't agree with you." She said honestly.

"Cait you didn't see-,"

"No Ella you didn't see what Trevor did. You had your back to me and Tyler had snuck up behind me and wouldn't let me go. He's an ass and I tried to push him off but he wouldn't listen. Trevor didn't jump in until I looked up to him and he knew that I was asking for help. He tried to control himself because I think he knew if he got his hands on Tyler he wouldn't be able to stop himself."