49. Couldnt get better than this

"Hello beautiful people!" The guy on the mic shouted.

We just arrived at the open mic night and found a seat when the band got back on the mic. The singer was a tan guy with brown curly hair that just reached his shoulders. The guitar player was a tall black guy with short black hair. The drummer was a girl that had dark brown hair that was braided back out of her face.

"So this is our last song before Vince comes up here and starts calling from his list. If you haven't already go see him in the back and show us what you got." The guy at the mic pointed to the guy who was sitting at the table in the back.

I was guessing that was Vince, he looked about our age just like all the band members on stage. I wondered if they ran this night.

"As I said before this is our last song for night and it's a special one. It goes out to my amazing girlfriend, give it up for Nora." He pointed to the girl on the drums and she give gave him a glare.

The guitar player started to play the beginning chords of the song.

"I guess that's my cue." The lead singer stated with a chuckle.

The drummer quickly followed suit and the song started.

I didn't recognize it but it was good. The lead singer sang with ease and his voice was captivating. They weren't good, they were amazing. They all looked so comfortable up there like performing was natural to them.

The song was a love song, it was about wanting to settle down and start a family. The song had a rock edge that I couldn't tell if it was something fabricated by the band or was actually part of the real song.

The song ended in a guitar riff and once he finished the crowd erupted in cheers. I could tell they were a local favorite. The place was packed with people and everyone seemed captivated by their performance.

"You going to sing?" Caitlynn asked.

"Now's my chance right?" I shrunk in my seat.

"Come on I'll go with you to sign up." She grabbed my hand and led me to Vince.

"Ok I figured out a perfect revenge for the boys." Cait told me once we were far enough away from our table.

"What?" I questioned.

"Sign them up for a duet." She exploded into a fit of giggles.

She was evil, that sort of thinking and ability to go through with her plans was something that scared me but also I admired that part of her.

"Let's do it." I nodded.

I'd have fun for a night.

"I still think you should go up there." She urged me.

"And sing what? I don't have anything prepared or ready." I sighed.

"What about a Beatles song?" She raised her eyebrows at me.

I wanted to immediately turn it down but I did know all of them, word for word. I had sung them a million times. It was something I used to do with my dad. He was a big Beatles fan and we would listen to their music all the time when I was younger and I'd be laid out on the couch singing along as he listened.

"Come on you are going to knock it out of the park." She nudged me.

"I don't know, I've never sang in front of a crowd before." I could feel the nerves setting in.

"You know the first time is always hard but it gets easier." I turned around to see the lead singer from the band standing behind me.

I just smiled not really knowing what to say.