34. Buy one get one free

Trevor's POV-

I think I was a second away from smacking Zach across the face. He had been pushing the topic of Ella way too much. I didn't want to talk about it but he seemed to want to talk about nothing but her.

"I don't want to hear it." I shook my head.

I heard him sigh next to me. I knew he was trying to meddle in my life. I had enough of that at home. My mom could tell something was up and she had spent the last couple days trying to pry it out of me.

"I'm not telling you to just forgive her and forget anything happened. I know you're mad but did you ever stop to think that there might be a reason why she doesn't like you fighting?" He apparently didn't hear me when I specifically told him I didn't want to hear it.

"What do you know?" I looked at him with expecting eyes.

Zach wouldn't just say that without knowing something I didn't. I knew Zach better then he probably knew himself so the fact he was keeping something from me was a huge surprise.

"I don't know anything, but I do know Ella and she wouldn't just freak out over nothing. There is obviously a reason to this and I think if maybe you just talk to her all this can chalked up to a big ole misunderstanding."

I didn't want to think about the fact that Zach might be right. I was justified to be angry. She left, I told her take me how I am or leave and she left. I think that gives me a right to be mad and question how she truly feels about me. I cared about Ella, I did. I couldn't even try to deny my feelings for her but I needed this space to clear my head and figure out if this was truly worth all the risk.

If she was so willing to walk out on me now would she be able to do the same when I had more feelings involved and I had a higher risk of getting hurt. It hurt enough now, I couldn't imagine going through this when we were more invested in each other.

I couldn't think about this anymore. I didn't want to think about this anymore.

"Oo look the ice cream is buy one get one free." Zach pointed to the freezer.

"I thought you had a strict list?" I raised my eyebrows at my friend.

"Who cares about the list." He waved me off.

"Your budget does, two containers of ice cream is not in that budget."

I knew I had to give Zach some tough love. He didn't have shit easy and if ended up blowing his money on ice cream because he made the mistake of going to the grocery store when he was hungry I'd never forgive myself. I didn't want things to be any harder for him.

"Well technically I'm only buying one tub of ice cream the second one is free." He tried to reason.

"I have like three tubs at my house, when we get back while you put all this away and I'll grab some ice cream and then we can hang out at your place for the afternoon." I offered.

"Are you just saying that so you don't have to help put away the groceries?"

"You know it." I laughed.

"I still hate you for making me do all this myself." Zach frowned.

I laughed and put the rest of the bags on the kitchen counter.

"You'll live." I assured him.

"Barely." He muttered.

I shook my head and retreated out of his apartment. I figured I'd probably get changed while I went to my apartment. Mostly because I wanted to take up some time so Zach didn't somehow rope me into helping him and also because jeans are really only comfortable for so long so all I wanted to do was change into a pair of sweatpants.