42. Stress grays

"I can't believe you agreed to this." I glared at my boyfriend who was currently laying across my bed.

"Did you expect me to say no?" He laughed.

"Yes!" I yelled.

I was shaking with either anger or fear. I couldn't decide which one it was.

"They are my parents and you've met them before." He reminded me.

I sighed I tugged on the dress I was wearing one last time. I had picked out a black t shirt dress and a pair of vans. I wanted to be casual but also look nice. Trevor has tried to tell me that I didn't need to wear a dress and that my normal attire was fine but I refused to listen to a word he said.

"This is a big deal." I told him.

This was the first time I was having dinner with his family since we started dating. I saw them mostly in passing, I'd be over Trevor's but I wouldn't stay for dinner. I went to New Year's Eve but because of Trevor's grandma passing his parents didn't go.

Trevor wanted to do it earlier but with our fight and then the passing of his grandma it never seemed to be a good time. It was finally a time that seemed good and I would be lying if I said I wasn't incredibly nervous.

"You have no reason to be nervous, my parents love you." He assured me.

"What if they are acting and actually hate me and want us to break up?" I started to let my head take things to the worst possible place.

"My mom may be crazy but she's not that crazy." He got off my bed and walked over to me.

He wrapped his arms around me and just pulled me into his chest. Just being in his arms helped calm some of my nerves.

"Everything is going to go great." He assured me.

"And if it doesn't I'm blaming you."

"So when do I get to meet you're parents?" He questioned.

I had waited for him to ask, it had been a question that had been stressing me out ever since we started dating.

"Are you trying to make me get stress grays?" I complained, dodging the questioned.

"Come on Ella, I want to meet them." He urged.

"You have meet them."

"In passing, why don't you seem to want to have me over for a family dinner?"

If I thought I was nervous before, I felt like a million times worse after he asked that. He knew my family wasn't the most loving and he knew my parents weren't really friendly to each other but he still wanted to know where I came from.

"They never asked." I shrugged.

"Well I want to come over so can we do that sometime soon?" He asked.

"Trevor," I sighed not wanting to get into why I didn't think it was a good idea.

"What?"

"My family isn't like yours, we don't have family dinners. My parents can't stand to be in the same room for longer than like five minutes."

I didn't want to break down in front of Trevor but I was frustrated. I knew how hard this was to want to build a solid relationship with the fact he couldn't sit down and actually meet my parents. I wished they cared enough to put all the issues they had aside long enough to have this dinner but instead I was left with reality.

"Hey, it's ok. Don't worry about it, we will figure it all out." He assured me and kissed my forehead.

Every time he just wrapped his arms around me and just comforted me it just made me fall harder for him.