43. The true way to my heart

Trevor's POV:

I walked into my apartment after school not expecting to be met by my parents in a heated make out in our kitchen.

"Get a room." I groaned covering my eyes from the scene.

"You can stop covering your eyes." My mom chuckled.

"You should keep track of the time so I don't have to walk in on this." I shuddered, the image still very present in my head.

"Oh I got something for you." She stepped away from my dad and grabbed her purse.

"For what?" I asked.

"Valentines Day." She pulled out a small wrapped up box.

"Aren't you supposed to get something for dad, not me?"

"Your dad will get his present later." She sent him a wink before handing me the gift she grabbed out of her purse.

I took the wrapping off to reveal a box of condoms. I don't know what I expected but I really wasn't shocked.

"Really mom?" I sighed looking down at her gift one last time.

"Well I know you are having your girlfriend over and I just wanted to make sure you guys are being safe." She grinned.

She was having too much fun with this. It was like she thrived off of my embarrassment.

"I don't want condoms from you."

The last thing I needed to think about was my mom when I was reaching for condoms.

"If it makes you feel any better your dad paid for them." She was just making things worse.

"I did what?" My dad questioned.

"Ok maybe he paid for them unknowingly. I may have taken some money from his wallet to get them for you." She confessed.

So typical. I knew this was going to lead to some unnecessary bickering and me leaving so I didn't have to witness what came after the bickering.

"You took money from my wallet?" My dad raised his eyebrows at my mom.

"We are married, what's yours is mine and what's mine is yours." My mom explained.

"That's funny because I remember when we went out to the diner for date night one time and you ordered curly fries and I got normal fries. I took some off of your plate and you smacked my hand away from your plate and took them all back. You said if I wanted curly fries then I should have gotten them myself." He crossed his arms over his chest.

"You don't mess with a women and her food." My mom shook her head at my dad.

"That I've learned." He agreed.

They just stared at each other for a second and I knew that was my cue to get as far away from them as possible.

"Ok as fun as this is, I'm going to my room." I turned and made a beeline to my escape.

Ella's POV:

"Put this on." Caitlynn held up the set of underwear. 

It was black and lacy, I had gotten it for myself after Holden cheated on me. I had taken a therapy shopping day and it resulted in me buying two new underwear sets and a dress I don't think I have ever worn.

"Valentines Day isn't just about sex Cait." I took the matching set from her.

"Do you know what I'm wearing under this?" He gestured to her outfit.