57. Start with the summer

Trevor's POV:

"Have you talked to her?" Zach questioned.

"Some, she's been busy with her dad. Apparently he's got like their whole day filled with all the different places he wanted her to see. She texted me last night that she was going to die from exhaustion. It seems like she's had a really packed weekend." I explained.

"So you don't know if she wants to go to New York or not?"

That was the one thing that had be keeping me up at night. I told her that if we didn't have the summer together that it didn't matter. What was three months? We'd be having to do long distance anyway so three months early wasn't going to change anything between us. No matter how many times I told myself that it still worried me that we'd be losing time with each other. I wanted to make the summer count and make sure that when we did have to go our separate ways we'd be strong enough to make it work.

"I don't know what she's thinking." I sighed.

"Well you'll find out in about an hour."

I checked the time again. It was 1:30. She was on her way back. I was going to be meeting her right where I leave her for 3:00.

"What if she decides she wants to live with her dad?"

Zach looked at me and just shook his head.

"Don't think about that. You two will be fine." He assured me.

I nodded. I was going to believe that everything would work out.

I stood against my car and waited until she arrived. The train was supposed to come in about twenty minutes. I was nervous, I had no clue what was going to happen when I finally saw her again.

I tried to let all my nerves go and just be excited that I'd see her and that she'd be right in front of me.

Ella would be here and everything would be ok. I wouldn't worry about the future or what would happen if we lost the summer. All I'd focus on would be that fact I could hold her in my arms.

The sight of people walking towards me made my heart stop. Her train must have arrived. I watched as everyone looked around for where they were going. All I could try to do was look for the girl on my mind. It was like my thoughts made her appear out of nowhere and soon I saw her face barreling towards me.

I didn't even think about it and I was soon closing the gap between us and capturing her in my arms. Her small game got perfectly against me. This was everything I had wished for.

"I missed you." She smiled up at me.

"I missed you." I sighed.

It felt bittersweet, I was glad to have her back but I realized how hard it was going to be away from her. It was only a couple days and I missed her so much. This was not going to be easy. I liked having her here all the time and I didn't realize how much I took that for granted. It wasn't going to be like this for long. We were going to have to do long distance, there was no getting around that.

"You want to get food and maybe talk?" She asked me.

I felt my heart drop. I knew, I saw how she was when she got off the train. She was glowing, I couldn't be the one that kept her from going to New York. This is what she wanted I just wasn't ready to hear it yet.

"I don't want to talk yet." I shook my head and pulled her into a kiss.

She was taken by surprise and hesitated before returning the kiss.

"Trevor, I really think we should talk." She said once we pulled apart.

I just nodded. It was going to happen no matter what.

"How was the trip?" I asked.

I didn't know how to even start the conversation. We were sitting in a small cafe having sandwiches and lemonade.

"It was really good. My dad seems happier and the city is absolutely amazing." She beamed.

"I'm glad." I grinned.

I wanted her to be happy and I knew this was what was going to make her happy.

"I'm not going to New York this summer Trevor." She blurted out.

I wanted to be happy but I felt like she was staying for me and I didn't want to be the one to stand between her and her happiness. If she loved New York and wanted to go than I wanted that for her.

"I don't want you to stay for me." I shook my head.

"Don't be so conceited," she chuckled.

"So I'm not the reason you're staying?" I questioned.

"Maybe a part of it but this is what I want. I'm staying here for the summer and then going to college in the city. I'll live with my dad while I'm at school and come home during break to see my mom and brother." She explained.

"You really thought this through didn't you?"

"I always do." She smiled.

I couldn't help but smile back at her. She was seriously amazing. We were going to have an amazing summer. Our separation was going to be hard but I loved this girl and I wasn't letting her get away. Whatever time we need to spend apart to create a life for ourselves that'll make us happy will be worth it when we get to spend forever together.

Having her here will make coming back so much better. She will be the one that keeps me going no matter what. She was it for me and I knew that without a doubt.

"What's going on in that head of yours?" She asked.

"Just thinking about how much I love you." I grabbed her hand and squeezed it.

"I love you too."

"I can't wait for forever with you."

"Let's just start with the summer." She laughed.

"The summer it is."

A/n:

And that's the end!!! I am so happy with this story and there will be an epilogue and then I might write some bonus chapters that will go in my bonus chapter collection but we shall see about those. This was never supposed to go on for as long as it did but as I planned out the chapters I just kept adding more fun to it. I had a real blast writing this. I am beyond blown away that anyone would ever want to read any of my stories but people have. This is always something I do for fun and it's one of my many creative outlets. I do this for nothing more than that. This is something that is fun to me and I hope you all have as much fun reading my stories as I do writing them.

Anyways I hope you enjoyed this chapter and if you did don't forget to comment and vote!!!!

-Cora Leigh