37. He was definitely going to kill me

I paced my bedroom.

This was a horrible idea. When Trevor asked me to come with him to his family's New Year's Eve party I impulsively said yes. I told him I'd be there for him so when he called wanting me to be there with him I couldn't say no.

But now I am seeing the error in my answer. I didn't belong there. This was Trevor's family. I felt like I was barging in. He needed to spend time with his family, I didn't need to insert myself where I didn't belong.

When my phone started ringing I immediately knew it was him.

Instead of answering I rushed down the stairs. I peaked out my front window to see that he was outside.

"Hey, I hope this is fine, I didn't really know what kind of outfit I should wear so I went for like a casual look that didn't look like I just rolled out of bed. I don't want to be overdressed or underdressed. I should have just asked you earlier so I didn't stress but here we are and I'm stressed." I rambled out once I hopped into the passenger seat of Trevor's car.

I didn't know what was going on with me but lately I've been nervously rambling whenever I was around Trevor. I think it was the fact that we were still so unsure of where our relationship was that I was extra nervous around him.

"Hello to you too." Trevor chuckled beside me.

"Sorry I think I'm just nervous." I forced a small smile onto my face.

This night was going to be good, we'd have fun and nothing was going to go wrong.

At least those were the words I repeated to myself to keep me from hyperventilating about the fact I was spending my first holiday with Trevor.

"You don't have anything to be nervous about, you met everyone at my uncles surprise party." He reminded me.

I nodded. He was right. I have no reason to freak out, everything was going to go great.

"It's going to be a good night." Trevor smiled at me and reached out to squeeze my hand.

I was just going to have to trust him on this and not let my nerves get the best of me.

"This is not their house." I said staring at the empty park in front of me.

"I know." Trevor laughed.

"Are we not going?" I questioned.

I was confused, Trevor took me to the park we went to on our first date. If it was any other park I would have thought he was definitely going to kill me but this one had lots of meaning for the two of us. I figured he had something he wanted to do with me, maybe another picnic.

I glanced behind me just in case and didn't see anything in the back seat so I crossed out the picnic idea.

"We are still going to my family's I just want to spend sometime together, just the two of us." He told me.

I nodded and followed his lead as he got out of the car.

He led me to a bench which was illuminated by the lights surrounding the park.

"I want to talk, I hate things being weird between us." He grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers.

I didn't want to force him into talking about anything. I knew how crazy things were at his house still. He was going through a hard time and I didn't want to put him through this talk until he was truly ready.