Chapter 18

West POV-
I was in the building with the team and was getting my sleeping bag until Yang asked me a question.

Yang: Hey did Dr. Ooblook ask why you wanted to be a huntsman?

West: Yes, he did actually.

Yang: What did you say?

West: Hmmm, I just said I was finding someone.

Yang: Oh,.....ok.

She starts to lay down and I go ahead and lay down too and start to fall asleep.

(Dream)
I am currently outside with the children that I was hired to protect. The children are really friendly to me even though they saw my Grimm face. Although I can tell their only being nice so they don't come out as being rude.I was looking at them play as one of the girls named Lily the youngest of the four came up to me. She was the only one that I can tell was being genuinely kind to me so that's nice. She tugs on my pants and I look down at her with a smile.

Lily: Can you do that trick again?

West: What kind of trick do want me to do I got a lot up my sleeve?

Lily: I want the one with the big doggie.

West: Haha, ok but your going to have to step back for a moment.

She takes a step back as I start to summon a Beowolf as black mist begins to surround my body as the Grimm manifests in front of me.

Lily: Big doggy!

She starts to hug the Grimm around the neck as the Beowolf barks like a normal dog. Lily begins to pet the Beowolf around the ears as I watched her until I heard my given name being called.

???: Orion!

I look behind and see Mr. Ozma having a stern look at me as I bow to him.

West: Yes Mr. Ozma

Ozma: How many times have I told you not to spawn Grimm near my children?

West: Sorry sir, it won't happen again.

I hold my hand out to the Grimm as it turns to dust as it makes its way back to my body. Much to Lily's disappointment. I go ahead and make my way back inside with Ozma and the girls.

(Timeskip)-
I was walking around the mansion but something caught my ear and I decided to listen in on the conversation.

Ozma: What do you mean he shouldn't be a guard anymore?

Salem: Ozma look at him he can do so much more then just be a guard to our kids and be a butler. He has the power to destroy city's and we aren't using that to our advantage against the people that are against us.

Ozma: He isn't some mindless weapon Salem, he's a person.

Salem: And I get that but let's just put him to a place where he can solve one of our more.....troublesome places in the west and maybe that will change your mind.

Ozma:....Fine only this once they have been a little violent these past few months and have been causing problems.

I walk away having a feeling of worry as I make my way to my room.

West: This isn't going to end well isn't it

Black: No....

(Reality)

I wake up to someone yelling Ruby's name. I get up to see everyone is up and Ruby is missing.

West: Really?

I see Zwei come running to us with a scroll in his mouth. Yang takes it out of his mouth.

Yang: This is Ruby's scroll.

Ooblook: Grab your weapons. I believe your leader may be in danger.

We go out and look for Ruby and come across her scythe and a giant hole.

Black: A giant hole how lovely.

Weiss: Do you think she fell?

Ooblook: Fell?

We all look down in the hole as Ooblook begins to think.

Ooblook: Of course....Of course,of course, of course!

West: What's up Doc?

Ooblook starts to run around mumbling about something until I stop him from running around.

West: Calm down, and explain what's.....going....on?

Ooblook: Right....Mountain Glenn! An expansion of Vale that was inevitably destroyed by creatures of Grimm! Previously home of thousands of people! Working people, commuting to the city, Developed a subway system in the inner city. Grimm attacks increase! Population in danger, now desperately searching for shelter. City evacuated into metro tunnels and what do they find?!

West: Uhhh...

Ooblook: The Southeast quadrant Of Vale is known for wild forest and deep caves!

Yang: What are you saying?

By now I start to puzzle it together and answer her question and point down at the hole.

West: It means that we're literally looking for for an Underground crime network.

Blake: They've been working in caves?

Ooblook: No, no. Mountain Glenn was Vale's first serious attempt on expansion. Thanks to a aggressive perimeter defense and unique transportation. The city developed an elaborate subway system to carry citizens safely from the new territory into the main Kingdom. Sadly without the many natural barriers Vale had to protect its borders, Mountain Glenn was doomed from the start. As the end drew near, They made a last attempt at survival. They took shelter beneath the city, in massive caves in the subway. And they had to cut themselves off from the surface. But-

West: Sub terrine type Grimm made there way there and attacked. After that the Kingdom officially closed off the tunnels. Making the worlds biggest tomb.

There was a couple seconds of silence until I spoke again.

West: If Ruby is really down there...we gotta find her and bring her back.

I walk to the hole and jump in and fall to the bottom.

Black: You really didn't think this threw did you.

West: What do you mean?

Suddenly I hit the ground.....hard. I didn't really prepare my legs well as I felt my legs crack and break.

West: Ow.

I sit there for a moment as I let my legs repair themselves quickly as I got up I can see the rest start to fall as they made a better landing strategy them me.

West: Let's move people.

We all start to walk and I see two White Fang soldiers. I walk up to them and give a wave before taking Light out and firing.

West: This is going fun.

————————————————————————
You know I might just update every Friday and the weekends. Maybe not Sunday still thinking about it though. Anyway hope you like the chapter and I'll see you in the next one I guess.